Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2012 Odyssey EX and don't want the factory roof rack, looking for an installer in the Northeast Atlanta area, any help appreciated. Also looking for someone that will do a professional job installing side molding and door edge guards.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is an old post in this sub-forum that was placed into the "archive" section

"This response is couple weeks late but just saw the post. Check out Hedrick's Automotive in Lawrenceville. They only work on imports and price usually less than dealer. They also only use Honda parts.

Hedrick's Automotive, Inc

Give them a call. If you speak to Terry, he is the owner."

BTW: When you say the "Northeast Atlanta Area" I think of the area where I live ITP,(between Decatur and Chamblee/Doraville) not Larryville and environs. That is way out there OTP and we ITP people call that area of the 16-county Atlanta Metro Area "Gwinnett" (from Snelleville to Buford and all points in between)​

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the information GeoOdy. I am also looking for a shop that can install body side moldings for me, but be more economical than the dealer. I will give them a call.

On a note about NE Atlanta - to me is also Norcross/Gwinett/Buford/Suwanee. I guess it depends on who you ask. I live in Scottdale, GA, which isn't far from you GeoOdy. As you can see, my location says Atlanta, GA, since I don't want people to think I am some small town in Georgia, because even lots of Atlanta residents probably do not have an idea where that is. Although you might since you are in Decatur :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you live ITP (NE section)and want a good independent Honda mechanic the best one that I know of is Far East Motor Works in Chamblee, next door to PDK airport. However, I don't know if they install any acessories, so you'll have to ask them yourself
3288 Hardee Avenue Atlanta, GA 30341 (NE Atlanta again, even tho it's really Chamblee!)(770) 451-2135

BTW Brief history lession-if it wasn't for Decatur, there wouldn't be an Atlanta! When the State of Georgia was looking for a site in N GA for the Western and Atlantic Railroad in 1836 they approched the leadership of the City of Decatur to see if they could place it there.The people in Decatur had a 19th-century case of NIMBY, so the State instead placed the end of the railroad a few mile to the west and called the location Terminus. It later was briefly called Marthasville and then the name finally changed to Atlanta. If things turned out differently we could be talking about the Metro Decatur Area today! And the Decatur International Airport, the Decatur Braves and Falcons, etc...LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch for the responses, I will check out both places mentioned. FWIW, I'm probably a little biased when defining 'NE Atlanta' area since I commute 25 miles 2x day. Larryville USED to be where I would consider way out in the boonies, now I know folks that drive from Jefferson to my office (almost 40 miles).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.