Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Very unhappy with the Centric Posi Quiet semi metallic pads I recently installed. It produces way too much brake dust for my liking.

Can anyone recommend brake pads (2006 EX-L) that is low in brake dust? Are ceramic pads the way to go?

Thank you.

~Mindoro

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yes, I went with the Centric ceramics and no problems. They don't grab as well if not hot but once they grab they stop very nicely. No dust to date. We had a lot of dust with the OEM pads but not enough to complain about. We're not that hard on brakes though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the Autozone Cmax ceramic pads on my Ford Escape...Very good on the no dust problem...they don't have the same stopping power as the OEM...quite and dust free.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have akebono ceramic pads on mine and they are (relatively) dust-free. I'm more into stopping power than dustless pads, so next time I'm going to go with a more aggressive pad. If you use collinite waxes on your wheels you can just hose off the dust. You should put on an application every 2 months of collinite 476 on your wheels and brake dust should not be a factor. I wash my cars every week so dusty wheels is not quite such a problem. If you let it bake on your wheels it can time consuming and back-breaking to get rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts