Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9inch tv/vcr combo but it doesn't fit under neat the factory center console,nor does it fit when the console is down. I once saw at Sams a center console complete with tv, vcr and speakers for $500 something. Do you know of one that would fit the Ody?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The unit at sams is a texas saddlebag. several people have used in the oddy. Costco right now has dual headreast monitors for 350 and you can get a sony vcp fo 100 at parts exspress. this seems loke a good alternative to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. I had seen the saddlebag before. I wasn't sure if it would fit the Ody. Do you know if you have to take out the side tray/table completely?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
The unit at sams is a texas saddlebag. several people have used in the oddy. Costco right now has dual headreast monitors for 350 and you can get a sony vcp fo 100 at parts exspress. this seems loke a good alternative to me.</font>

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I purchased a portable DVD player with a 7 inch screen that also can take an input from a playstation or a VCR. The unit was a Panasonic DVD-LV85 (same as a DVD-LV75 but with a set of external speakers / amp boxed together). Cost was 650 for the 85, the 75 is not going for 599. I used a velcro strap from Home Depot (2 for 3.50) and strapped it onto the center consol. Got an audio splitter to allow the kids to use headphones. This is nice because I can move the player between the Odyssey and the CRV. also serves as our home DVD player. Battery lasts 4 hrs so I have not had to buy or make a power cable for it yet.

Here is a link to for info.
http://www.etronics.com/listproducts.asp?prod_type=Video%2FDVD%5FPlayers%2FPortable%5FDVD%5FPlayers

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just got a new JC Whitney catalog, and it has a sattlebag by Steel Horse that is made to hold any 9" TV, for $50. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much from the small picture and description, and I couldn't find it online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts