Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking for a good night vision backup camera system for my 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L mini-van. Unfortunately, I don't have any NAVI so I'll also need a screen. Please recommend me some good backup camera system. I saw couple of cameras on ebay and Amazon but I am not sure which ones are good for 05 Odyssey. Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you considered the parking assistance accessory. I'm sure you could probably retrofit a camera system if you wanted to, but I know the sensors package exists.

·
Registered
513 Posts
While we're talking about alternatives, I got a fresnel lens sheet that works wonders and cost less than 20$. If you don't know what it is, it is basically a sheet of plastic with grooves that act like a lens. The same technology was used in lighthouses and old time school projectors.

Here is a site with information about this kind of thing (not the brand I have, no relation, just first link in Google...):

http://www.safeview.com/product/

Nicolas

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 05 EX-L w/o NAV. Just bought a pioneer AVH 3200BT stereo. It is a double din DVD player with the option of GPS (for $250 xtra). Checkout Crutchfield for details. I ordered a Boyo backup camera too. My next weekend project will be to install these.

I plan on posting the results after the install. I'd appreciate any tips from anyone who has installed an aftermarket backup camera on an Odyssey.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Please let us know how the Boyo camera works out - I was looking at that camera too, now that I've installed the 3200BT. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts