Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Have '11 Ody EX-L, a couple of iPhones and an iPad. I've read as much as I can about the bluetooth streaming to the van using the iPhone and the necesssary 3 second delay. I tried it the other day with my iPad and although the iPad was not recognized immediately, I could get it to connect with HandsFreeLink. I still had the delay in audio that I had with the iPhone. I also observed that unlike the iPhone, my iPad would not connect using the USB cable. The message "Retry Connection" kept appearing on the screen. Moreover, the iPad wouldn't even accept a charge through the USB. I was thinking that I could attach via USB to both charge and play my iPad, since my iPhone can do this.

My three questions are:

Does anyone have any experience or success on either streaming via bluetooth or utilizing the USB to play video with their new Ody, and

Does anyone have an idea of where the problem of the delayed audio and incompatible hardware lie? (with Apple or Honda and how?) and

Since my iPad is Jailbroken does anyone know of any standard or Jailbroken fixes for these problems?

I do understand that I can simply plug my iPad into the auxilliary jack and 12 volt port to charge and listen, but I would rather have a less complicated solution. Thanks, and let me know if I need to clarify.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whenever I try to connect my iPhone 3G using USB, I constantly get "retry connection" or "unsupported".
After many tries, eventually works but this is really annoying.
Two iPhones I have are both 3G and on different iOS: 4.x and 3.x.
So I am wondering if this is HW compatibility issue and not an iOS issue.
Audio using Bluetooth works fine but the sound quality is not as good as using USB.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Does anyone have any experience or success on either streaming via bluetooth or utilizing the USB to play video with their new Ody
You cannot stream video over bluetooth or use the USB to play video. In your case, you need to connect your iPhone/iPad using the composite RCA conenctors in the 3rd row.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-au...stion-about-2011-3rd-row-aux-input-jacks.html

Oh and don't forget you need to get the Apple dock connector to RCA composite male A/V cable that cost arounds $40.

Apple Composite AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

:)

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
What Gstom1 did for you is SEARCH the ody posts. Next time, perhaps you can search yourself and post in appropriate forums which for this would be the Audio/Video forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts