Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Looking for personal experience with Michelin CrossClimate 2 vs Continental CrossContact LX25?

539 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Morven
I was all set to buy Michelin CrossClimate2 from Tire Rack but my order has been delayed twice already due to a delay in availability from Michelin. A Tire Rack agent called me and suggested Continental CrossContact LX25, saying the CrossClimate 2 was not "made" for an odyssey and the CrossContact was better, cost less, and in stock. I took his comment at the time to mean the CrossClimate 2 should not be used on my van which made me question his advise. I've read great reviews from owners of odysseys and it's listed on Tire Rack as an option. Maybe I mistook his meaning?

Anyway, I'm curious to hear any personal experiences with these tires. I'm not in a hurry so I could wait for the CrossClimate 2 if it's the better tire. Or is the CrossContact LX25 just as good or better??

For my driving, I drive the family everywhere, a good mix of back roads to highways. I'm in the mid atlantic so a few icy days a year along with driving up to nearby skiing mountains.
See less
I was all set to buy Michelin CrossClimate2 from Tire Rack but my order has been delayed twice already due to a delay in availability from Michelin. A Tire Rack agent called me and suggested Continental CrossContact LX25, saying the CrossClimate 2 was not "made" for an odyssey and the CrossContact was better, cost less, and in stock. I took his comment at the time to mean the CrossClimate 2 should not be used on my van which made me question his advise. I've read great reviews from owners of...
See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
7,355 Posts
I haven't used those specific Continental tires but I do have the Continental Control Contact on mine, and Continental tires generally seem to get good reviews on the Odyssey, so I doubt you'd go wrong with them. Minus the lack of ice down here, my Odyssey gets used for similar things when it is used.

· Registered
69 Posts
I am running CrossClimate 2 tires on my '16 and have been for about a year, which is basically 2 winters. Excellent wet traction and very good snow/slush/ice traction, although not at snow-tire levels. I have noticed that others say they are a bit noisy, but in general Odyssey vans are pretty road-noisy, so I can't say I've noticed a big change there. I like them FWIW.

· Registered
11 Posts
I have had the previous generation LX20 and now have the Cross Climate 2 on our 2012. The Conti started great but got very noisy by about 25k. I've got about 17k on the CC2 now and still very happy with them. They are wearing well and the traction is better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts