Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an 11 year old vehicle the interior of our van is in pretty remarkable shape, especially considering the road trips and daily use it gets..I've kept up with the detailing and used the Honda upholstery treatment on the seats, but we recently got a tear in the drivers seat. I can't believe how thin that material is..Anyway, I'm considering getting a good set of matching seat covers from Clazzio..they're sending me samples of the material to see how close it is to mine, I'm sure it's going to be off a bit, but anything is better than looking at this. I guess I could take it to an upholstery shop but I imagine that would be pretty expensive to fix as they'd need to recover the whole seat..thoughts?

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance of pulling a whole chair out of a salvage? (Perhaps finding one in as good a condition would be an issue though) Just wondering.
Not a bad idea, but I'm thinking a salvage is probably going to be in worse shape..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just went to Clazzio website, they have some selection of covers for Odyssey, but what threw me off was their "Vegan Friendly" seat covers ))) My money are not going to these people, for sure. I'd rather buy another, not running Ody, just to pull seats out.

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went to Clazzio website, they have some selection of covers for Odyssey, but what threw me off was their "Vegan Friendly" seat covers ))) My money are not going to these people, for sure. I'd rather buy another, not running Ody, just to pull seats out.
hah, vegan friendly?? I must have missed that..guess they're covering all their bases and potential niche markets..can't blame them..I ordered a full set of seat covers a couple years back for my 4Runner..they make a nice product.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hah, vegan friendly?? I must have missed that..guess they're covering all their bases and potential niche markets..can't blame them..I ordered a full set of seat covers a couple years back for my 4Runner..they make a nice product.
Yeah, its there, "vegan friendly" )))
Bad marketing it is. Seat covers cannot be vegan or anything else "friendly", and anyone who doesn't understand that, won't be able to afford $700 seat covers anyways )

Reactions: ialam

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
First, the side of the seat is cloth and vinyl and not leather.

Second, take a piece of the damaged material to Homedepot or a hardware store, and buy a roll of colored cloth tape. As nobody sits on the side of the seat, tape over damaged area.

Or, as an option, go to fabric store and color match a piece of Naugahyde, cut and glue over damaged area.

Or, or, forget the whole thing, which would be my choice.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Get an estimate from an auto upholestry shop. They would only need to replace that side panel of fabric with new - not the entire seat. I had a similar repair done on my other vehicle and it cost about $200.

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get an estimate from an auto upholestry shop. They would only need to replace that side panel of fabric with new - not the entire seat. I had a similar repair done on my other vehicle and it cost about $200.
Thanks. That's less than I thought..I'll look in into that..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Your local shoe cobbler would probably be the most economical. Luggage repair shops can fix that too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The do in Chicago

·
Registered
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L
8 Posts
For an 11 year old vehicle the interior of our van is in pretty remarkable shape, especially considering the road trips and daily use it gets..I've kept up with the detailing and used the Honda upholstery treatment on the seats, but we recently got a tear in the drivers seat. I can't believe how thin that material is..Anyway, I'm considering getting a good set of matching seat covers from Clazzio..they're sending me samples of the material to see how close it is to mine, I'm sure it's going to be off a bit, but anything is better than looking at this. I guess I could take it to an upholstery shop but I imagine that would be pretty expensive to fix as they'd need to recover the whole seat..thoughts?

View attachment 161737
Any Car Upholstery or Headliner place can fix this. They will blend it in

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
We had it done for our light beige couch. They blend it in and being leather same thing happens down the road. But seat side gets less traffic/hits, most likely will last a very long time.

Reactions: ialam

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just a frame of reference: my daughter had a leather seat bottom made and installed for $300 in the San Diego area. Half a monthly new car payment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts