Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and we were looking to buy a new 2016 Odyssey this weekend. It turns out though we got flipped the bird. Got to the dealer, they honoured the price we negotiated with them on the phone/email. We sat down signed the offer to purchase, they took upstairs to talk to finance but we were doing a cash deal so were just told to wait until they locate the vehicle and we were to bring in a draft and get insurance in place. They were to run the deposit. Before we left we were told they had located the vehicle and it was reserved in a local impound. This all happened Saturday as Monday was a holiday, we followed up on Tuesday but they were open on the Sunday. Turns out the vehicle we wanted was sold! They didn't even have the courtesy to call us to let us know. It was us who followed 4/5 times. I am just curious is this how the dealers normally work? Are they allowed to sell a vehicle that was "reserved"?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum and we were looking to buy a new 2016 Odyssey this weekend. It turns out though we got flipped the bird. Got to the dealer, they honoured the price we negotiated with them on the phone/email. We sat down signed the offer to purchase, they took upstairs to talk to finance but we were doing a cash deal so were just told to wait until they locate the vehicle and we were to bring in a draft and get insurance in place. They were to run the deposit. Before we left we were told they had located the vehicle and it was reserved in a local impound. This all happened Saturday as Monday was a holiday, we followed up on Tuesday but they were open on the Sunday. Turns out the vehicle we wanted was sold! They didn't even have the courtesy to call us to let us know. It was us who followed 4/5 times. I am just curious is this how the dealers normally work? Are they allowed to sell a vehicle that was "reserved"?
That sucks. They probably put together a more lucrative deal for that particular van on the Sunday and sold it to someone else.

Are they allowed to do that? Yes, probably.
Is it bad business? Yes, probably.
Should you get every last penny of your deposit back and buy elsewhere? Yes, DEFINITELY!

This dealership has demonstrated that your business doesn't matter to them. So if they don't care about you, you don't need to care about them. There are lots of Honda dealers out there - find one who will treat you right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts