Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So looks like we're taking the minivan plunge. I'm a bit of a car nut so I like to think I'm pretty well educated on at least the hardware end of things. We drove an Oddy today and both my wife and I loved it. Its so freakin' practical its ridiculous - we both swore we'd never own a minivan but really - with a 3yr old and hopefully a new one on the way plus a mother-in-law that travels with us - we needed something bigger. Anyway we're looking at leasing over 48mths and we were quoted $585 and change from our local dealership. I see there's a demo in TO available for something like $485 with 5,000 kms on it. If we were ready to buy immediately I'd be all over it - however both my and my wife's union contracts expire at the end of the month so we're going to have to wait until at least mid April I figure before we know if either of us are on strike (hopefully neither - or only 1 - don't want to think about both of us being out at the same time). Anyway, just wondering where you guys have leased your Oddy's and if you'd be willing to share monthly payment info.

I googled online and figure that Classic Honda | New & Used Dealer| Honda Dealership in Brampton, Ontario, Greater Toronto Area L7A 2Y4 in Brampton moves the most vehicles so I figured that would be a good place to start. Anyone have any experience dealing with them?

P.S. How is it the yanks can get like 1.79% for 5 years?! WTF!? :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Obviously can't give you advice on dealerships but as a union negotiator I figured I had to say welcome. When we had our second child I owned a Subaru Forrester which with the addition of a rear facing car seat had us sitting in cramped positions. So I purchased (leased actually) my first of four Odysseys. I strayed once a few years ago and traded on a Hyundai Sante Fe and within 6 months find myself asking what the hell was I thinking? Too many decisions on what we would leave behind. Too many times you need to carry more kids than your own. And then we threw a dog into the mix. So I'm back in an Odyssey. You won't be disappointed. Good luck with negotiations., vehicle related and others.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Also you can go on the Honda Canada web site and use the build your own feature to get an idea of monthly paymnets for both lease and purchase. When I got my 2011 EXL-Res in November past the leasing price for an LX was about $500 and change with about another $100 for an EX. Go with a model with power doors by the way. I didn't on my first two when the kids were youngest and now that I have them I don't know how I ever did without them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Robie, thanks for the input. Since my last post I emailed Classic Honda and they're telling me they can do a 48mnth lease for $525 taxes in! Locally they can only do $585! So pretty much a no brainer IMO. I'm all for supporting local economy and all but thats a big chunk of change for a family. Anyway the deal will hinge on whether or not they can give me what I need for my '07 Tucson - I have an appointment for an appraisal with them Thursday afternoon so we'll see if I'm coming back in a new Ody or not! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you get offered more than I got offered for my 2009 Sante Fe. LOL
Was pretty horrible. They offered me 7k which ironically is what a friend put it up for in Kijiji as revenge for a joke I played on their snowman :) I got 20 some phone calls in less than 24 hours! I told them I could sell it for at least 10k all day up in the north and basically told my wife to bring our little girl out to the Tucson and lets get on with our trip. He said "hold on" but not before we actually started heading for the door and then went and talked with his "manager" 1 more time. They came back and said they'd give me 9k for it. I owe 10k and would have to refinance the balance come May so figured considering what I was getting the new Oddy for that it was worth it.

Anyway I head down to T.O. tomorrow morning to pick her up! I'm playing an April Fools day joke on my friends by sending them badges of MB and AMG :) My punch line is that "its the MB AMG of the minivan world!" I'm NEVER going to live this down..... *sigh* It is the right decision for my family though so I guess in the end thats all that really matters. Welcome to the club?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2012 EX and I'm from Ontario - check out my post in another thread on this forum:
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/151100-prices-paid-2012-odyssey-32.html

This should give you a good guideline on a price you can negotiate to, and then the lease payments will follow from there based on the lease rates currently being offered, and how much (if any) downpayment you are making...

hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts