Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Odyssey EXL (104 K mileage)failed inspection with comment as "Other concern- loose motor mount". I talked to a few other inspector in different shop and the said that I should challenge the test as it should not be failed for loose motor mount although it should be replaced some time. I already replaced the motor mount s 2-3 years ago by a local mechanic.

Also they are quoting $3300. Labor 700, Rear mount - 1300 Front mount - 1169, side mount - 139. It can go higher if something else breaks.
Does this sound reasonable ?

·
Registered
885 Posts
That quote is beyond unreasonable even with OEM parts.
Find a different shop.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Because you have an EX-L, you have VCM which means you have active motor mounts - very expensive.

The VCM most likely caused the motor mounts to fail.

You should muzzle your VCM with one of the muzzler devices recommended often here and then replace your expensive active mounts with passive mounts - minor modification would be required.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thank you. I will definitely try another shop.
Front and rear mounts are around $500 each OEM, and the side mount can't possibly cost more than $100 for an OEM unit. So, it sounds like like they try to up-charge you on the parts and labor.

Reactions: Oscar21

·
Registered
536 Posts
My 2006 Odyssey EXL (104 K mileage)failed inspection with comment as "Other concern- loose motor mount". I talked to a few other inspector in different shop and the said that I should challenge the test as it should not be failed for loose motor mount although it should be replaced some time. I already replaced the motor mount s 2-3 years ago by a local mechanic.

Also they are quoting $3300. Labor 700, Rear mount - 1300 Front mount - 1169, side mount - 139. It can go higher if something else breaks.
Damn! They are trying to make some money. you can't even take these vans to shops anymore. They all charge the hell out of you in labor and part costs. They don't like working on these odyssey's one guy told me. He quoted me for some exhaust work and I never came back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,982 Posts

WTF!!! You can buy another odyssey with $3k, not kidding. That is WAY too much.

Did you replace the motor mounts with OEM mounts?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
When I bought my Touring from an owner that always used OEM parts, I asked that same shop how much for changing those 3 mounts OEM. I dont remember anything remotely close to 3k either.

Reactions: Oscar21

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Don't buy ANY aftermarket motor mounts for the odyssey. Ask me how I know, all are GARBAGE. From vibrations to excessive engine movement. The new aftermarket junk had more vibrations/movement than the worn out OEM motor mounts.
You may be stuck buying the expensive VCM mounts or you can do this:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts