Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,423 Posts
Agreed, Triaque. Just thinking about this intermittent cutout of the speakers, is it possible that there are certain scenarios where other accessories are drawing more power, which causes the amps to cut out? I guess I'm repeating what you said. He's still dealing with a low voltage and amperage issue. A stronger battery than the factory issue is probably needed - assuming his charging system is working perfectly.

It seems to me, the Ody battery is borderline just running its own stuff, never mind an enhanced and slightly different sound system. I notice that when the temperatures drop here in Ontario, I always have to reset my security system because of its trickle voltage draw overnight. There doesn't seem to be a lot of slack in this factory-issue power system. I assume the amps would pull even more power than the security system - enough to drop below their threshold voltage requirements.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
First, let me say thank you to everyone who commented. Long story short, the battery was dying which seems to be an issue with these vehicles. When I took the car in on Monday, the battery measured 11.94v; 3 days prior it was at 12.2v. They replaced the battery and everything has been working great since.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I just encountered this issue.
@slinkyskinked has everything been working since new battery? My battery is only about 4 mo old and has been working well, but today I encountered the subwoofer-only issue, exactly as you describe above.

Edit: my Ody is a 2012 but the problem is exactly as described in this thread. Hopefully I can use this info to solve my issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts