Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, we had the transmission oil on our 2006 EX changed at the Honda dealership. Today, we discovered a puddle of oil under the van. When I opened the hood, I found the filler cap for the transmission oil sitting up by the windshield wiper, and the dip stick for the transmission oil half way out. I have since checked the oil, and there is no oil on the dipstick.

If this was your van, what would you expect your dealer to do? Flush and replace oil? Pressure wash engine compartment? The service manager is supposed to call me tomorrow morning.

Are there any lights in this model of van that will warn if the transmission was damaged by this event (none came on)? I looked through the manual, and I didn't notice any lights that seemed to relate to the transmission, but I will admit I was skimming pretty quick.

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
441 Posts
Call the dealership and have them tow the vehicle back to their location to have the issue resolved, at their expense.

It was most likely an oversight, although I am surprised that something as simple as that was overlooked.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Absolutely have them tow it and request that the service manager drive out there to see it first. If the service mamager refuses, ask him to transfer you to the general manager.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hopefully your drive home from the dealer was not very far. Not good to drive with no tranny fluid. In addition to the above, you may want to include taking a few pictures while the vehicle is in your garage. After the dealer gets the vehicle, I would tell the service manager that I want the reason it is back documented on the repair invoice. Something to the effect: "Vehicle towed from customers garage due to loss of transmission fluid. Fluid loss caused by negligence on dealers part to replace transmission fluid fill cap after changing fluid. " I then would haggle them for an extended warranty on the tranny, and insist a corporate representative be notified and contact you. But in reality, if they don't do anything except correct their error, what recourse do you have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts