Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 touring Ody with 80K miles. On the way to FL last week, the dash started making a sound like someone had played a joke on me and put a bag of popcorn under the hood that started popping when the temp reached about 100. When I am driving between 60 and 80, the popping noise is so loud, I can't even turn the radio up loud enough to drown it out, although I can open the windows but that hurts my ears. It sounds like a bolt or something fell down in there. I noticed when a car passed me or I followed a big truck, the noise would stop for a minute so I know somehow it is connected to the air intake. It doesn't change if the air is on or off or which vent it blows out of. I am afraid if they take the dash apart it will have more dash rattles later. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Could be debris in the air intake from the base of the windshield to behind the glove box at the cabin air filter.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You probably have a loose piece of body around that area. Open hood and try to move things. if you find anything thats loose, it's likely your culprit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts