Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 2004 Odyssey in 2005 with about 35,000 miles on it. It's now 2011 and we have 195,000 miles on the van. A few months ago a friend of mine bought a 2011 Ody, and I took it for a drive.

In short, I prefer my van. The new vans are BIG and HEAVY. The 2004 feels light and nimble by comparison. After driving the 2011 I started putting money into my 2004 for a refresh, because I think this is a really good van.

Just a little love for the 2nd Gen Ody!

Joel

·
Registered
75 Posts
I drove the 2011, and actually liked how solid it felt. My 2003 with the rear vent windows that don't shut completely (since the motor burned out) rattles a lot going down the road. Any rattles in your 04?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove the 2011, and actually liked how solid it felt. My 2003 with the rear vent windows that don't shut completely (since the motor burned out) rattles a lot going down the road. Any rattles in your 04?
I had one bad rattle, but it turned out to be that the rear hatch latch had come loose. I tightened it up with a big screwdriver and the rattle went away.

The rear vent windows are a common problem, and if you look on this board there are a lot of suggestions about fixing them. I have one that doesn't work right now, but I learned here the other day how to fix the problem I'm having. Sometimes it's a loose wire, other times it's the temperature sensor (stops the motor when it gets hot, in case you keep holding the button down after the window is close) malfunctioning. I will probably just bypass it.

Joel

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd rather have a nice, big and heavy solid feeling van like the 2011. I love my 2002, but lets be real, when you shut the doors, it sounds like a tin can. Id say it will be cheaper to keep older vans running than go spend what, 42K on a new touring?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd rather have a nice, big and heavy solid feeling van like the 2011. I love my 2002, but lets be real, when you shut the doors, it sounds like a tin can. Id say it will be cheaper to keep older vans running than go spend what, 42K on a new touring?
To each their own. The doors don't sound like a tin can to me. But yeah, on a price standpoint it's a LOT cheaper to keep our gen2's running...

Joel

·
Registered
36 Posts
good points - I have sometimes kind of felt like my 2003 is light weight and kind of like a tin can when out on the highway - one thing I notice is that your hear a lot of wind noise/road noise in the 2003 - I'm hoping the road noise/sound insulation is better with the newer years - It will be a while before we can trade into a newer Odyssey, though...

·
Registered
75 Posts
good points - I have sometimes kind of felt like my 2003 is light weight and kind of like a tin can when out on the highway - one thing I notice is that your hear a lot of wind noise/road noise in the 2003 - I'm hoping the road noise/sound insulation is better
Ya my 03 ody is a rattle mobile, especially since the rear vent windows don't close all the way since the motor died. Will have fix that soon.

Drove a 2011 and it felt much more solid.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi
just wondering if you had any issues with rear vent windows not working ?
and did you do the timing belt yet?? 195k wow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts