Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

Let me start this off by saying that I looooooove my Ody. It is definitely the quietest van I have ever owned. So much so that when I am parked I have to remind myself that the engine is on. My old minivan wasn't so quiet. I also love the Eco feature. I've been driving around just to see how many miles I can get per gallon. I also can't figure out why more people in my area didn't purchase the Ody in dark cherry. It is so rich in color. Everyone loves it. So much so, that when my dealer ordered it for me numerous people commented on the color and two actually asked them to search that color for them.

Anyway, on to my question. We purchased the 2012 touring elite the tag on the back only says touring. Shouldn't it have a label that states "touring elite? My husband wants to know. He is wondering if the dealer just added on the extras to a touring model and sold it to us. I don't think so. Who's right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congratulations on the new Ody! What color interior did you get to go with the Cherry exterior?

The "Elite" does not have any external characteristics to distinguish it from the Touring other than the additional options such as the HID lights, BSI, and upgraded RES. These options are all factory fitted. In true Honda fashion, it does not carry any extra badging either.

It is somewhat akin to buying a Touring model with the "Elite" option package.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
We purchased the 2012 touring elite the tag on the back only says touring. Shouldn't it have a label that states "touring elite? My husband wants to know. He is wondering if the dealer just added on the extras to a touring model and sold it to us.
Apart from just checking that all the features explained above the easiest thing is to check the Window Sticker , that tells you the actual trim and what features come from the factory.

Tell your husband to rest assure, he paid for an Elite, I seriously doubt that any dealer is willing to go through the pain (money and effort) of installing Elite features after it leaves the factory, and if it actually did, give us the name, kudos to the dealer, for sure he'll be getting business from members here :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't be concerned. Remember - the sum of the parts in a car are exponentially more expensive than buying the car whole.... plus the dealer would have to suck up the cost of a technician working to install the parts, which in the case of the touring to touring elite, represent significant hour in the shop. There would be very liitle incentive to have a dealer convert one to the other.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
I most certainly agree with your color choice. :)Mine came with Beige interior, not sure there is another option.Had to order and wait. With 216 miles lovin' it..

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damn!! that Cherry Red looks good!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Check out this rant on another Honda Odyssey forum:

Touring Elite Emblem - Honda Odyssey Owners Club Forum

:rant:
Honda did it so to not upset the Canadian market :p

Damn, the wife should stop driving it in protest. But she is Asian, and all Asians are like the Japanese (talking about stereotypes :p)

I also wanted the "VTEC", "VCM" and "EX-L with RES" emblems in my van, all lined-up under the Odyssey emblem, but to no avail

:stupid:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Apparently the new Honda Odyssey's are now a status symbol and some people want others to know that they are driving the "top of the line" model!

Yeah, where's the side VTEC stickers?!?

;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for replying to my thread everyone. Sorry it took so long to return. Swamped with holiday shopping, parties, and such. :DD

Anyhow, I am glad my darling husband got exactly what he paid for. I also think he would like to have it reflected on the exterior for "bragging" rights but who knows. I guess it's a "man and cars" thing? Don't mean to offend just trying to understand. Have to go and read that other thread now.

BTW, the dark cherry comes with beige interior. LOVING IT!!! It is soooooooo beautiful and fun to drive. No problems with the interior either. I have three young boys and our last car also had beige interior and it held up well. I am sure the Honda will do the same.

Thanks again everyone and safe driving!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Apparently the new Honda Odyssey's are now a status symbol and some people want others to know that they are driving the "top of the line" model!

Yeah, where's the side VTEC stickers?!?

;)

Go to the parts counter at your local Honda dealer and ask for the VTEC stickers that go onto a Civic Si

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reviving OLD threads...I see the '14 Ody Elite actually gets an "Elite" emblem. Im sure it wouldnt be difficult to find one after the 14s are released. I too was wondering why the elite wasnt badged as such. Honda and their modesty, so cute lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
But no more "Touring" emblem to go with it. That is going to upset another bunch :p
I did not catch this so just look at the pictures of 14 again...what is the different for the headlight? I dont see it.

So 14 model can buy Touring emblem to put on and 13 and earlier can buy Elite emblem to put on..........but I may afraid that it may be like back in the 80s that you may see Touring and Elite emblem will be missing from the van.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Question:
I want to remove my "Honda" & "Touring" emblems to clean up the back. Are they bolted on or can I just cut thru the adhesive with dental floss?
Some like a minimalistic look

1 - 15 of 15 Posts