Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I don't see anything already posted which reflects my problem. I have a 2001 Odyssey and have been very happy with it. Last night when I went to drive home, I had no low beam headlights. The DRL's work and the high beams will work. If i have the indicator on the stalk at the on position for the low beams neither headlight will work? If I click on the high beams they will work. Exerything else seems fine. Just both headlights stopped working suddenly. Anyone else experience this problem or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
it might be the bulb, since the high and low beams have separate filaments. But Im not sure about why the DRLs work. I dont have the canadian ody so I dont know if the DRL is a separate bulb or the same as the low beams.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Check both bulbs. The high-beam operates through the high-beam filament in the bulb (H4 type). Both low-beam headlights operate on 2 different fuses so you can check those after the bulbs.

Check out the link in my signature line below for info on our 2001s...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fallout09890 said:
it might be the bulb, since the high and low beams have separate filaments. But Im not sure about why the DRLs work. I dont have the canadian ody so I dont know if the DRL is a separate bulb or the same as the low beams.
Thanks for the reply. i checked the bulbs and the filaments look fine. Also with the high beams and DRL's working I suspect it is something else. I have checked the fuses and relays and they seem fine also. I am thinking either the switch on column or maybe the module up above the barke pedal. May have to take in to my mechanic for his opinion. Need headlights!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Dad New Van said:
Check both bulbs. The high-beam operates through the high-beam filament in the bulb (H4 type). Both low-beam headlights operate on 2 different fuses so you can check those after the bulbs.

Check out the link in my signature line below for info on our 2001s...
Great link. I will review in detail. Checked the bulbs and fuses / relays. I am going to have to keep looking.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Next check is the LOW BEAM CUT RELAY( Wire colors: RED/ORN, WHT/RED, RED/WHT and ORN/BLK). This relay is next to the DRL Relay over the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Dad New Van said:
Next check is the LOW BEAM CUT RELAY( Wire colors: RED/ORN, WHT/RED, RED/WHT and ORN/BLK). This relay is next to the DRL Relay over the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box.
Well my mechanic has discovered it is the switch for the headlights on the turn indicator column. Must be common as there are only 3 available in Canada! One is ordered and will be installed on Tuesday. $90 plus installation. Thanks for everyone input and advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts