Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
I tried to use your advice to see what snowflake means. I got this as the first few hits. :D

In all seriousness, even I did not know what AFR sensor was. Not all of us understand automotive tech and I hang out here quite a bit so it would help people if we posted easier to understand acronyms or fuller forms of things.

Plus, posts do not come across exactly as intended (tone) so calling people snowflakes may also be a bit much.
I just did a quick search for AFR sensor using the box in the Odyclub banner. It offers me 493 results. Is it an obscure or highly technical term that people should avoid using without defining? I would say "no". But you are certainly entitled to a differing opinion, and I respect that.

But perhaps I'm also far less patient than others. I prefer self service gas, and always use self checkout if available. I would much rather find my answer at a company's website than to have to call and ask someone. And when I find a word or phrase I don't know the meaning of, I look it up. Rather than writing a post and waiting an hour or a day for someone else to tell me the meaning. I'm old enough to say I used to keep a dictionary nearby to look up unknown words and phrases. Have I mentioned I'm a fan of DIY?

With a large publicly held company called Snowflake, it's not surprising that it would dominate search results. Good chance that a similar thing would happen with apple. Snowflake person yields the correct answer. As does apple food.
I was referring to myself when I used the term snowflake. So, it would take an extreme snowflake to take offense. But they are around.馃檮

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Add a can of good quality fuel injector cleaner e.g. Techron next fillup. Dirty injectors don't atomize the fuel as well, so it doesn't burn as well.

Direct injection is especially sensitive to dirty injectors. There's less time between injection and ignition, so additional vaporization of the fuel is less.

Also, buy fuel only from a Top Tier station.

Does your engine consume any oil?
No it does really well on oil usage. I will try your suggestions - thank you for the help!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
General question for people in this discussion. Who is actually calculating your actual mileage and/or tracking it on each fillup?
My wife thinks I'm crazy that I track this on all of our vehicles, but I find that it helps to get ahead of preventative maintenance if you notice trends early. (Like what has been presented here with O2 sensors and injector cleaning.)
I confess I am too lazy to manually calculate the mpg and just look at the computer. I鈥檓 sure there鈥檚 an app for that and will give that a try. Right now my avg says 15 and I鈥檓 crying like a snowflake.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts