Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'20 Ody Touring has a rattle and vibration in steering wheel at low speed when it hits a small bump, especially when wheel is turning left. Below 30 mph, in particular. Dealer has tried ti fix, but sound and vibration comes back. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
@KenF
Are you certain you are not experiencing the RDM (Road Departure Mitigation - System) when you are getting the ODY close enough to either right or left street painted lines or curbs? This causes a rapid vibration in the steering wheel and can possibly beep at you if you do not respond to it. I call the vibration in today's term haptic feedback. Your can also verify by shutting off the RDMS by pressing the dash button on the left side of your dash/steering wheel. If it is vibrating constantly at these lower speed, your tires may also be out of balance.

Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Magenta

·
Registered
215 Posts
Any ideas?
Could give these two threads a read to see if it's your experience is similar or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'20 Ody Touring has a rattle and vibration in steering wheel at low speed when it hits a small bump, especially when wheel is turning left. Below 30 mph, in particular. Dealer has tried ti fix, but sound and vibration comes back. Any ideas?
No, don't think so. I know what that feels like and it's not that. It's intermittent and only occurs at low speeds (below 25-30) and usually when I put pressure on the wheel to the left and going over small bumps. If I'm on a traffic circle and go over expansion joints, for ex., it's very noticeable. It's a sound and a vibration coming through the steering wheel. It's annoying as hell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken, can you record it?
I could but what good would that do. The vibration makes no sound I can hear. The rattle is a dull almost muffled sound of two solid things hitting against each other or one thing hitting something solid. My sense is it's in the steering mechanism. Right in front of the driver. The rattle can be felt in the steering wheel and it occurs the same time I hear the sound. It doesn't happen above 30-35 mph except when I'm applying pressure to the left and the bump is a small one and that's occasionally. It is very pronounced at 25-30 or slower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts