Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i recently rotated tires on my 02 odessey, and ever since this was done, i have a low speed wobble in the steering wheel from approx 20-45mph, then after that it goes away. it will do it accelerating or slowing down even just coasting. On the highway no shimmy or vibration, smooth. It does have a slight pull now to the left.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Make sure one of the rims isn't bent or skewed, not on correctly. Did you check the tires for abnormal wear? The problem is usually caused by belt slip in the tire. Look at them closely. Swap one at a time back to the back to determine which is causing the problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires look like they are wearing evenly and rims not bent, but what is skewed. maybe not sitting right on the hub. Or could be loose tire belts. Will try those mentiones and post back.. Thanks,............

·
Registered
26 Posts
kzaig

A warped rotor can cause steering wheel wobble. Rotors can get warped if the lug nuts are not tightened properly.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have that wobble from my Hydroedges since the tires were new. They give the steering a low speed wobble, as if they were too square-profiled or something.

The wobble goes away when the Blizzaks are on the van.

The Michelins have been rebalanced, but that's not the issue. They are not wearing fast, but the older they get, the more vibration is being created at highway speeds. The Blizzaks? Smooth highway travel, great traction after 4 winters, no issues at all.

So, if you have HydroEdges, you might have the same issue as me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our van's steering wheel did the same thing. It turned out to be our Goodyear Viva 2 tires. Wear was even on all of them, but two had some amount of inner separation, and one was really bad. New tires eliminated the issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took them off and found one had a nail,fixed that not related i think and remounted and still there but not as noticable, but still there. These are symetry tires goodyears. This could have been the case since day one when they were on there new, but on the rear rims till now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My father in law's 99 ody has that. I took it in for a rotate and balance for him and found the tires to be wearing very hard on the inside. We're going to try an alignment, but I'm also wondering if, by the way it's sitting that it may need new struts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 01 Accord Ex did the same when it was nearing 50k with 1st set of tires. I had Michelin Energy. Anyway took it to dealer, they checked balance and alignment but nothing found. It was driving me crazy then took it to Sam's. The guys found the issue, front left tire had broken belt which caused the tire slightly out of round shape. It's hardly noticeable. The guy told me that's why it was happening only at slower speed. Moved that tire to rear, the problem is gone. Put another 10k without rotating and changed all 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts