Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here. I have a 2007 LX and the Low Tire Pressure Light came on so I checked tires but none were noticeably low but I did deflate slightly and added air to each (33 front, 35 back I believe). I drove quite a few miles before light went off. Within a couple days the light came on for about 10 miles and went back off again. But within 3 days it came on and has stayed on last couple days. The tires look fine although I have not checked the pressure again as I have misplaced my gauge.

Any suggestions on cause? If something is broken what is range of repair cost and is it something I can just ignore without further ramifications? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Possible fix for low tire pressure warning light.

Quite often the battery will go dead on the sending unit inside the tire. The warning light shouldn't effect any performance as long as your tire is in fact fully inflated. I dislike any warning lights on in any vehicle I drive so I would have to get it fixed. You can go into almost any tire shop or jiffy lube type location and they will check your tire pressure free of charge. You have a few choices for your repair here. 1. Buy one new battery for the low pressure sending unit inside the tire and pay a tire shop to dismount the tire and change the battery. 2. Depending on the condition of your tires you could wait until you buy new tires to replace the old batteries in all the tires. Most likely if you have one tire with a dead battery the others are soon to follow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts