Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard 16in alloy wheels that came with the EX-L model. Dealer put on the wheel locks. After a few bad tire shops that over-torqued the wheel locks, I would like to replace them with regular lugnuts (no lock). I don't want it to be stripped one day and leave me stranded. Plus I'm not worried about anyone stealing my rims.

So, I've spent the last 30 min looking online for a replacement lugnut. Doesn't have to be OEM, just something that fits and is cheap. No luck...

Anyone have a Part # or purchased after-market?

I understand there are different types (acorn); thread size/pattern; length; size of bolt/head, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'm happy to send you my 4 from my '09 that i replaced with a lock nut.

what's your zip code?

just pay shipping.

lmk.

joel

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have the standard 16in alloy wheels that came with the EX-L model. Dealer put on the wheel locks. After a few bad tire shops that over-torqued the wheel locks, I would like to replace them with regular lugnuts (no lock). I don't want it to be stripped one day and leave me stranded. Plus I'm not worried about anyone stealing my rims.

So, I've spent the last 30 min looking online for a replacement lugnut. Doesn't have to be OEM, just something that fits and is cheap. No luck...

Anyone have a Part # or purchased after-market?

I understand there are different types (acorn); thread size/pattern; length; size of bolt/head, etc.

Any help is appreciated.
According to this

The part number you are looking for is:
90304-SHJ-A91

BTW, I know your pain. I actually shattered the lock nut while trying to take it off by hand. No more lock nuts for me.
good luck
Max

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
90304-SHJ-A91 is the correct part number for use on alloy wheels. There is another version for the LX wheels which is cone shaped with the washer to hold the LX wheel covers on.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
When the dealer installed wheel locks, they should have given you the 4 original standard lock nuts that they replaced with locks. On mine they left the 4 extra wheel nuts in the lock packaging and put it in the side storage compartment behind the spare tire.

I replace the lock nuts with the standard nut whenever I take it in for service. This way they don't damage the lock when they take it off or put it on. Nearly 100% of the time they use an impact gun on the nuts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies.
No, the dealer did not include the 4 original lug nuts.

JAvendan - I will send you private message. thx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts