Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to upgrade the 2018 LX headlights to the LED strip DRL’s? I didn’t realize the LX didn’t have them until a few days after purchase and am curious if there is an easy (or easy-ish) way to upgrade.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm not sure on the LX model if the wiring exist for just adding in drl's. Or if the housing itself has an opening to insert the LEDs if your a handy person you could rig something.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are regular drl’s but they don’t have the LED strip, however there does appear to be a slot in the housing where the LED strip would go.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have taken my headlights off once before it doesn't look like you can just drop a strip of LEDs inside it looks like it was inserted prior to final assembly when the clear and solid portions were separate I could be terribly wrong but this is from what I've seen

·
Registered
517 Posts
Does your DRL changing brightness when you turn on your headlights the E X version brightness changes if you put on your headlights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. The headlights are brighter than the drl’s. I haven’t been able to find anything online where they can be upgraded or to add the strip of LEDs, I assume I’d have to buy the whole housing to replace them. I don’t know about Honda, but I have had LEDs fail on my truck and they were removable so I’d assume Honda does the same. Nothing about it that I can find online though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Try and see if you can located a replacement prat number or it might be apart of the entire housing like the taillights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts