Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is normal, but it sure is annoying. I can't lock the rear doors using the power door locks in front if the rear door is open. I have to wait until it is closed before I can lock. If this is normal operation, please let me know. Other vans don't work that way.

P

·
0 Posts
I just tried that on our '02 EX and it locked just fine. Maybe it's an LX thing or there's a bug in your locking system.

Michelle

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oldag:
I don't know if this is normal, but it sure is annoying. I can't lock the rear doors using the power door locks in front if the rear door is open. I have to wait until it is closed before I can lock. If this is normal operation, please let me know. Other vans don't work that way.</font>
It's normal in our '01. After you close the rear doors, it automatically locks after about 3 or so secs. You should be able to hear it.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hachiroku is right. My LX rear doors will lock after about 3 or 4 seconds after they are closed. You have to wait for the click of the lock.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My experience with my 02LX is that if you lock the doors using the driver's door lock switch while the sliders are open, they will lock themselves shortly after they are closed, like within a couple of seconds. Works every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts