Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Any input on this system? Saw this on ebay. Also went to the manufacturer's website to dig some more info up, but still not sure about it...

This suppossedly has a 6.8" fold down screen, (2) sets of IR headphones, tuner, diversity antenna, A/V switch box/TV tuner, remote, FM modulator...

Never heard of MA Audio, and I usually don't like to purchase off brands, but this unit seems very well integrated, and the price ain't too bad... Any comments or experience on this unit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1263971389&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=998378992&indexURL=0&rd=1

Another A/V question: anyone know of a 7+" fold down LCD in 16:9 format available yet by anyone?

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
483 Posts
Some 7"+ fold down LCD with 16:9 aspect ratio already available are:

Audiovox: VOH702 7"
VOH704 7"
VOH802 8"
VOH1042 10"

Farenheit: T-7005CM 7"

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kuruma Hayai:
Some 7"+ fold down LCD with 16:9 aspect ratio already available are:

Audiovox: VOH702 7"
VOH704 7"
VOH802 8"
VOH1042 10"

Farenheit: T-7005CM 7"

</font>
Oh man, look at the size of this thing! (VOH1042)
I want one...

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
483 Posts
My thoughts exactly.

I hate to burst your bubble but there is a 13" flip down screen (Model# VOH1332)with built-in tuner.

·
Registered
127 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
Oh man, look at the size of this thing! (VOH1042)
I want one...

</font>
The photo almost looks like an upside-down laptop computer. That would be nifty-a bracket (docking station) mounted in the ceiling that one simply plugs in their laptop when using it as a movie display. OF course, the display would have to be inverted, since you would be viewing the screen upside down, but that seems doable. It would also solve the dilemma of where to put the DVD player (it's in the laptop), and you would have a super strength game station capability as well. There is already an IRDA port on most laptops that might be kluuged to interface with IR headphones or other acessories. Hmmm......

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console

Coming up: Foglights,CD Changer,Glove Box Light

·
Registered
11 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
Hey Guys,
Any input on this system? Saw this on ebay. Also went to the manufacturer's website to dig some more info up, but still not sure about it...

This suppossedly has a 6.8" fold down screen, (2) sets of IR headphones, tuner, diversity antenna, A/V switch box/TV tuner, remote, FM modulator...

Never heard of MA Audio, and I usually don't like to purchase off brands, but this unit seems very well integrated, and the price ain't too bad... Any comments or experience on this unit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=12 63971389&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=998378992&indexURL=0&rd=1

Another A/V question: anyone know of a 7+" fold down LCD in 16:9 format available yet by anyone?

-SJ

</font>
I have that unit in my Ody, basically I followed Harry's installation tips for the Jensen and I would say quality is pretty good. I paid around $450 in Ubid, lately I have not seen anymore sold there. Anyway, main differences with the Jensen:
-The flip down pod has a 8 or 10 pin conector which carry all the audio/video and power to the unit from the input/output box, so there is only one cable to run. It comes with its factory metal bracket. The integrated dome lights have three wires as usual.
-It comes with two modular boxes one is the input/output and has 3 input a/v stereo and one a/v stereo output. This box has a built in FM modulator and comes with the cable to run it to your car stereo (the frequency selection is done through the screen menu...cool!)Also connects to the tuner box which has the input for two diversity antennas that come with the kit. I was able to build a small aluminum tray, set the boxes side to side and place them under the passenger seat.
-The wireless IR is integrated and works like anyother unit out there.
-The color of the pod is dark grey, not silver but I think it blends good with the quartz interior.
-The specs claim the off center view 60 degrees right/left, if you are sitting on the second row and lean towards the window the picture still looks good.

I did not install the antennas because good reception in a moving vehicle is hard to achieve, so I keep them in the car and use them only ocasionally when we are parked. We are using a VCP (all the Disney's movies we have are in tapes) do not plan to get a DVD yet. We have used it in several outings to San Diego, the unit performed flawlessly, it is very bright at night, and it did not show glare during sunny daytime.

Overall I am pretty happy with this product for the price I paid.

------------------
2k+1 SS EX

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
key2joy,
Just wanted to say thanks for the post! I'm still in the process of deciding on what video unit to buy... (passed right now on the ebay auction, since you paid $100 less!)
Your data helps me make a more informed choice!
Will let you know what I decide.
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts