Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to share my ongoing terrible experience with getting my van painted, a Taffeta White 2007 painted back the same color, and as you will see it's all related to Covid-19. It starts with it, and it has nothing to do with anyone having the virus. The last place I wanted to go was Maaco, but because the covid crap destroyed the 2 best auto painting places in town, another place wanted 4 times the amount I ended up paying, I had to go to Maaco. Praying my van would be treated correctly, and my prayers were not only not answered, they were soundly rejected. I removed the roof rails to refinish them myself. I also removed the grille. It takes 15 minutes to take off both rails and the grille at most, and less taping for them. Without too many details here they returned the van to me in the condition you see in these pictures. That's the least of it. They destroyed hundreds of dollars of chrome trim with the disc sander. It's tough to see most of it so I just posted a picture of a pillar. Yeah, the spaz hit the damn pillar. It's amateur hour during training day at the high school body shop. It is just unbelievable these low quality idiots would think I would accept this crap. I was FUMING , I still am as you will see. They had my van for 8 days, 6 business days - Monday through the next Monday. So after talking to corporate I took my van back for them to clean the paint off of everything that it shouldn't be on. It was worse than these pics, I didn't want to post too many. This past Friday 8/07 I took it back for them to clean it up and the manager worked on it and it looked great. I have to give credit here to the one guy who did his job well and that was the spray man. The paint job itself does look good. If they would have returned the van like it is now without the paint everywhere it shouldn't be it would have just been the chrome trim, because cleaned up it looks great. Ok this is where it gets bad again. I get home and look at my license plate. They removed the plate to paint and by now I had put a new Honda frame I bought on Amazon on it. This guy destroys the paint on the plate frame and the license plate itself. Why in the hell he even touched the plate for any reason I don't understand. Too add massive injury to insult the crap he used to clean wiped away the expiration date on the registration sticker. You can't read it. That means I can't drive the van unless I want to get pulled over for an altered tag. Even though I could explain it to the officer and probably not get in trouble. I don't want contact with a LEO, they have actual criminals to deal with. Here's where the Wuhan Red Death screws me. You can't just walk into the tag agency because of covid protocols. You have to get an appt. and the soonest one is September 23 - about 6 weeks from now. I didn't get on this until after 5 pm Friday. I found the tag agencies contact information and they had a contact form to fill out. So I explained everything and pleaded with them and hopefully I can get a sticker and tag expedited this week, because it's my only transportation. My neighbor is letting me use her '13 Toyota Sienna until I get it done, she knows the story and is taking pity on me. She has a car she drives all the time. Her friend told me her dad had a similar experience with the paint on his car at the same shop. I was supposed to bring it back to them to try and let them polish the chrome scratches out they could get out, but there's no way I am driving my van back on that property. It's cursed, or maybe I am as you will see. My brother is the CFO at a large civil trial firm in my city. I am just going to buy the trim that needs to be replaced and have it done professionally and bill them for it. If they don't pay it, I will go to court and win. I have many pictures. It would be small claims but I would have to guess they would settle because I would also bill them for my time lost. What makes this all the worse is earlier this year a 'reputable' mechanic put a power steering pump because I had a leak. It was never the pump, it was some nipple, and it leaked all over my driveway after it was 'fixed', then they had my car an entire day more replacing the entire steering system, no charge of course but if they would have replaced the $80 part first instead of ripping me off with a $450 p/l new pump this would have not been needed. The van has no mechanical problems at all right now and runs great, and even when it had slight problems it ran well. Then I ordered new wheels a couple of months ago, they mailed the wrong wheels, but something that rarely happens I liked these more and I had looked at them first, but the computer simulator didn't do the wheels justice so I didn't order them, they look as I had hoped they would in person. Mavis Tire did do a great job at mounting and balancing. The only competent vendor in the whole scenario. I still have govenment to deal with though so threat of incompetency remains. I will post some pictures of the entire van exterior when I get it finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's better than what I would expect for Maaco...
Not sure about your state but that reg sticker looks legible enough to me, I can see it says 11-20, and running your plate the police would see it's valid anyhow.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
The last place I wanted to go was Maaco,
You should have stuck with what with your gut was telling you.

They place production over quality.

You didn't say why you wanted the van painted in the first place?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That's better than what I would expect for Maaco...
Not sure about your state but that reg sticker looks legible enough to me, I can see it says 11-20, and running your plate the police would see it's valid anyhow.
Just drop by a registration office and pick up a new sticker. I got a new one for the wife's car a few weeks ago and they didn't charge me anything for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just drop by a registration office and pick up a new sticker. I got a new one for the wife's car a few weeks ago and they didn't charge me anything for it.
So I guess you missed the part where the registration office is only taking appointments and I can't get one until September 23rd. You have to read the entire post. This isn't Facebook.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have stuck with what with your gut was telling you.

They place production over quality.

You didn't say why you wanted the van painted in the first place?
Why do you usually get a vehicle painted? Why do I have to say WHY I wanted it painted? To answer a ridiculous question. Because it needed it. Ok. If you read the post it's a 13 year old van.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Chelada, you need to chill. You posted on a forum, and some of the responses you may not like.

Firstly, if you paid by credit card, stop payment until they make the job right.

Secondly, I agree with Dave.

Thirdly, most of what you show, can be cleaned and polished up. Not perfect, but good enough.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Why do I have to say WHY I wanted it painted?
Gee, sorry.

The question wasn't intended to be spiteful. Just trying to determine the urgency of the work.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Also. While this isn't facebook I agree, I strongly urge you to re-read your first OP. No paragraphs and sentence after sentence. Not an easy read if I may point out.

Also, when you post on a forum, please be ready to receive questions. If you're going to get all upset about simple questions some of which may be curiosity related, then I must say posting on forums is not for you.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I suspect this is a spammer.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yes please keep that shit to yourself let's not start a online odyssey political war .also i come on here to drown that noise out im sure everyone is tried of hearing same shit different day about that .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts