Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 1st Odyssey and ran into the following problem:

I folded down the 3rd row seat, but cannot raise it again - the manual says to pull the strap and handle at the same time, but unfortunately I folded the seat down on top of the strap and cannot reach it. I pulled on the handle pretty hard but it feels stuck.

Any ideas, or what am I missing here!!!!!

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Paul L,
It should pull up with either one, handle or strap.Sounds like it's jammed for some reason.Did you have anything underneath that could have jammed it in ?
If not, I suggest bring it back to your dealer. Good luck,

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Registered
122 Posts
Scroll back to the 2nd page of the Problems site for "The Magic Seat?" posted by MerpsMom 7 07-30-2001 06:20 PM

·
Registered
368 Posts
My magic seat got stuck too. The trick to getting it back out is to make sure that the seat back "clicks" into the closed position before putting the magic seat in the well. If the seat back isn't "clicked into the closed position", you won't be able to raise the magic seat out of the well-its physically stuck in the well. To get it back out, put your body weight onto the folded seat assembly in the well-you should hear the latch mechanism click, and then you should be able to lift the magic seat out without a problem. Worked for me (twice now). I think the problem was caused by adding an aftermarket leather kit, causing a slight increase in the size (thickness) of the seats and seat back, making it more susceptible to not locking correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed it!!! YEAH!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info, and thank God for this forum.

A mechanic dropped the seat without the strap down and I couldn't yank it up. I tried reaching down for it, but it would take pencil thin arms to get down there.

The seat cover adding thickness seems to apply in my case. I have fabric covers, but they're pretty thick and it probably kept the seat from latching properly.

Oh, I feel so relieved and happy (that I don't have to kill the mechanic on Monday... ;-) )

·
Registered
3 Posts
johnkalajian, thank you

it's now november 2015 and still this forum is useful ; my 2003 odyssey 3rd row seat was stuck several days ago but after reading what you wrote i was able to pull the 3rd row seat out of the well :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts