Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mountaindog,

Did you have any issues with the magic slide clearing the sliding door when you pulled it off the rails? I just tried the process that you described on my '21 ex and the magic slide hits the open door edge (about 3" shy of clearing it) before the back rollers can be removed from the track. I tried wiggling it around but it doesn't appear to have enough clearance in my case. Im curious if I missed a step or if there is a way to open the doors further. I am still hopeful that I can get the slider out... I really dont like those things...
Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I posted this in the other thread but you might try removing the plastic cover from the slider if you haven't tried that already. I haven't bought the T50 socket yet so I am unable to test this idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I posted this in the other thread but you might try removing the plastic cover from the slider if you haven't tried that already. I haven't bought the T50 socket yet so I am unable to test this idea.
Yeah, i looked at that briefly, but the lack of space to move the slide around with the door clearance led me to just reassemble it all and leave it for another day. The covering didn't look like it extended that much beyond the frame/structure of the slide mechanism. I will give it a try when I've got sometime later...the van is too new for me psychologically to start pulling it apart to investigate... Please post if you are able to make any progress and I will do the same, photos too if you have the time as well.
Thanks!

Home depot had a torx t-50 security bit for ~ $2.50

·
Registered
4 Posts
Door opening issue resolved!
In the attempts to air out the new car smell, I left the sliding door windows open while working on the removal process the first time...Apparently the door wont open all the way when windows are not closed, thus preventing the slide from coming out. With the door fully open, it came out easy peasy!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congratulations! Isn't it terrible to know the ODY knows what is doing. Yesteryear vehicles would have never done that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great news. I picked up the Torx T50 yesterday at Home Depot and was going to give it a try this week.

Door opening issue resolved!
In the attempts to air out the new car smell, I left the sliding door windows open while working on the removal process the first time...Apparently the door wont open all the way when windows are not closed, thus preventing the slide from coming out. With the door fully open, it came out easy peasy!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts