Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove the 2nd row center seat, and another 2nd row seat, can I slide the remaining seat across the whole width of the Odyssey? I thought I saw a setup like that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haven't tried it but I don't think it will work. Just my thoughts from using it. But wouldn't be hard to try it... Go for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, because of the center mount for the middle row center console. You cannot slide either slide past that center mount. I know this because I recently removed the slides themselves, which I will document in a separate post for those interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be nice if the seat would go across the whole width of the Odyssey. I could see some nice uses for that feature. I slid the base again the remaining seat and it isn't too bad. Just that there is a part that raises up that might cause a tripping issue. I wanted to clear the center area so my kids can play if we end up at a park and it starts to rain for a short time. Or maybe just in the garage once in a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am getting ready to remove the sliders and was wondering where to start prying on the door sill trim. I found an install guide for the lighted door sill accessory install that shows where the clips are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jmess,
were you able remove the sliders?
I just tried the process that mountain dog described on my '21 ex and the magic slide hits the open door edge (about 3" shy of clearing it) before the back rollers can be removed from the track. I tried wiggling it around but it doesn't appear to have enough clearance in my case. Im curious if I missed a step or if there is a way to open the doors further. I am still hopeful that I can get the slider out...
Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jmess,
I just tried the process that mountain dog described on my '21 ex and the magic slide hits the open door edge (about 3" shy of clearing it) before the back rollers can be removed from the track. I tried wiggling it around but it doesn't appear to have enough clearance in my case. Im curious if I missed a step or if there is a way to open the doors further. I am still hopeful that I can get the slider out...
Thanks!
I haven't tried it yet. I was going to pickup the T50 socket next week. This is a bummer. I can't imagine there is any difference between how the sliders are mounted on 2018 vs a 2021 or how far the sliding doors opens. I was planning on removing the left side and leaving the right side installed for a while.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jmess,
Thanks!
I took a framing level and ran it along side the 2nd row left seat slider toward the open sliding door. It appears that if you remove the plastic cover from the top of the seat slider it might clear the door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts