Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all. As my wife and I con't to debate exactly what color and options to order on our '02 ody - she asked one of those questions that I thought was easily answered and then I sat there with a blank expression. "Do you have to maintain leather seats and how?" With four kids, 2 under two - and the stories from the past with relatives having leather interior (hot/cold, rips, stain) she feels they are going to be more trouble than they're worth.

------------------
Future owner of a '02 Ody
Current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan & '98 Mazda 626
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Leather needs a good conditioning every so often. I've had real good luck with cleaning and conditioning our leather in other cars about every 6 months. Be sure to use a good quality leather cleaner and separate conditioner.

IMO, leather is much better than cloth for kids (spills clean up much easier and stain much less and, in general, leather is tougher than cloth). If well maintained, leather should long outlast cloth seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Chadk, use Lexol to clean and condition your leather seats. It is the best product on the market. I use it once a month to keep the seats in good condition. You can get Lexol at any autoparts place like Pep Boys, Autozone, or www.topoftheline.com. Good luck to you and your new Ody!
Scooderduder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChadK:
G'day all. As my wife and I con't to debate exactly what color and options to order on our '02 ody - she asked one of those questions that I thought was easily answered and then I sat there with a blank expression. "Do you have to maintain leather seats and how?" With four kids, 2 under two - and the stories from the past with relatives having leather interior (hot/cold, rips, stain) she feels they are going to be more trouble than they're worth.
</font>
There is a product made by Dura Gloss called leather dressing which is an excellent cleaner and conditioner. You can usually only find Dura Gloss stuff at auto stores. It was developed by a chemist here in North Carolina. People who restore cars swear by it. The unique thing is that it has a really nice smell and doesn't leave a nasty residue or film on the windows etc. We've been having the leather debate in our house too. I don't want it, my husband does. I really do want the nav though and it's a pkg deal so I guess Honda settled this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we're leaning on going w/o leather which means no navi
and going with an after market entertainment system. It unfortunate, but neither one of us are big on leather interiors.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 3odys4me:
There is a product made by Dura Gloss called leather dressing which is an excellent cleaner and conditioner. You can usually only find Dura Gloss stuff at auto stores. It was developed by a chemist here in North Carolina. People who restore cars swear by it. The unique thing is that it has a really nice smell and doesn't leave a nasty residue or film on the windows etc. We've been having the leather debate in our house too. I don't want it, my husband does. I really do want the nav though and it's a pkg deal so I guess Honda settled this one. </font>


------------------
Future owner of a '02 Ody
Current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan & '98 Mazda 626
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChadK:
I think we're leaning on going w/o leather which means no navi
and going with an after market entertainment system. It unfortunate, but neither one of us are big on leather interiors.

</font>
I say get that NAVI and just swap the leather with someone (with cloth) that wants to upgrade.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top