Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a Canadian 2010 Oddyssey SE. It has approximately 60,000 Kms (~37,000 miles) on it. My maintenance minder just popped on with the code B13. After consulting the manual the 3 appears to mean I need to change the transmission fluid changed. This seems a little early for a vehicle with only 60,000 Kms on it. Can someone verify this is okay? I don't want to do any unnecessary maintenance.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm surprised by some of these (what I'd call) early 1,3 codes I'm reading about!

~2yrs/37Kmi has got to be the earliest I've read of! Hooray for the Honda MM system is this is an accurate calculation.

Do you do a lot of towing or stop/go?

Joel

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi there,
I have a Canadian 2010 Oddyssey SE. It has approximately 60,000 Kms (~37,000 miles) on it. My maintenance minder just popped on with the code B13. After consulting the manual the 3 appears to mean I need to change the transmission fluid changed. This seems a little early for a vehicle with only 60,000 Kms on it. Can someone verify this is okay? I don't want to do any unnecessary maintenance.
Thanks,
No, not early at all for a Honda Transmission on an Odyssey! Just do a search on "Transmission Problems" on this forum and you will see that many people do the transmission fluid change at 30 K miles (48280.32 km) or even earlier and more importantly why they did it. I purchased a used 2008 EX six months ago and one of the first things I did was to change out the ATF at 44500 mi (72420.48 km) as the OO never did this service.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
No, not early at all for a Honda Transmission on an Odyssey!
I agree that ~37K miles isn't too early, it's just one of the earliest MM ATF change prompts I've read of in the 4yrs I've been participating on this forum.

FWIW, I started doing ATF drain/fills around 2009 @ around 19Kmi on our 2008 LX.

I'm one of the maniacs who runs with scissors and uses Valvoline Maxlife ATF.

Joel

·
Registered
513 Posts
As stated by others, the minder is supposed to take into account how how hard the car is used, so it is possible that something triggered it early. On the other hand, it may be normal (mine is at 54K, so I'll know in 6K... :) ).

Bottom line, thought: Since your car is under warranty not doing the service could cause Honda to be troublesome if you ever have transmission problems...

Nicolas

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm changing the fluid.

BTW, I don't drive the car hard and I don't do any towing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How expensive is this stuff.
I have a 2009 ody touring. Just passed the 67k mark and got this B13 code

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I just recently got the B13 code in my 09 Odyssey. It is 2.5 years old and has just over 36k miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts