Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced the MM on their Ody, or other Honda product, going down to 0% oil life because of lapsed time rather than distance driven?

Background: A few months ago the MM said our 2019 Ody EX-L had 15% oil life left. Since we don't drive much these days, I thought I would not have to worry about an oil change for a very long time. We didn't drive much since that time, nor idled it for extended periods. However, when I got in the car a few days ago, the MM said I had 0% left. I thought it was strange that the MM would count down even when the vehicle is barely driven at all. Somewhere else on the forum I found a product characteristic sheet* that said the MM will automatically default down to 15% after 310 days past the last recorded oil change, even if the vehicle has not been driven down to 15%. However, the sheet doesn't say anything about going to 0% after a certain period, such as a year. The latest oil change was in late August of 2019.

*Thank you, EE4Life

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,316 Posts
It's possible that after 310 miles, it dropped down to 15%. Then, as you kept driving the van, even though you drove it infrequently, it fell from 15% to 0%.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The 15% to 0% timeframe isn’t the same as 100% to 85%. The oil wear indicator is progressive, in that it goes faster and faster the closer you get to 0%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts