Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and how do I reset the "Maintenance Required" light? Had my oil changed at 3900 miles and again now at 8000 miles. Used my local oil change shop. However, the light wasn't reset.

·
1,484 Posts
This is from the Helm Service Manual (pg. 22-70)

How to Reset:
Push the select and reset switch at the same time, turn the ignition switch ON (II), and hold them more than 10 seconds.

Blink Pattern:

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="50%" height="19">
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Miles
(km)
</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Maintenance
Reminder Light
</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font size="2" face="Verdana">At
5,900 (9,400) to 6,100 (9,760)</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Blinks
for 10 seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON (II).</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%" height="1">
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font size="2" face="Verdana">At
7,400 (11,840) to 7,600 (12,160)</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Comes
on and stays on while the ignition switch is ONN (II).</font></td>
</table>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">

</font></p>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info, Mine came on today.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Great Info..Thank you so much!! Saved me from speaking with the monkeys

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
doopstr said:
It's in the owners manual too :D
Not that's a good place for it...I figured Honda would keep it a secret to get you in to service..

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
willy, please tell us you've read the owner's manual of your shiny new $25,000 toy...

There's a BUNCH of information in there. You should always sit and read the owner's manual when you get the car. Famliarize yourself with it.

Then you won't be out there asking questions like, "When I first used the pencil, everything was fine. Now, three pages later, it's not working so good. What happened?"

·
Registered
485 Posts
nemogira said:
This is from the Helm Service Manual (pg. 22-70)

How to Reset:
Push the select and reset switch at the same time, turn the ignition switch ON (II), and hold them more than 10 seconds.

Blink Pattern:

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Miles
(km)
</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Maintenance
Reminder Light
</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
5,900 (9,400) to 6,100 (9,760)</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Blinks
for 10 seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON (II).</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
7,400 (11,840) to 7,600 (12,160)</font></td>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">Comes
on and stays on while the ignition switch is ONN (II).</font></td>
</table>
<p style="line-height: 100%; word-spacing: 0; margin: 0"><font face="Verdana" size="2">

</font></p>

Where is the "select and reset" button? (2001 EX). Do not have a "Helm" service manual. Please excuse my ignorance.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
adam1991 said:
willy, please tell us you've read the owner's manual of your shiny new $25,000 toy...

There's a BUNCH of information in there. You should always sit and read the owner's manual when you get the car. Famliarize yourself with it.

Then you won't be out there asking questions like, "When I first used the pencil, everything was fine. Now, three pages later, it's not working so good. What happened?"
It's not my van..I told her to read it..Don't know if she has...I have not driven it in quite a while..Which makes me soooooo happy

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
sueandroy said:
Where is the "select and reset" button? (2001 EX). Do not have a "Helm" service manual. Please excuse my ignorance.

:rolleyes:
I'm sure this is in the owner's manual too. It's the button that toggles between trip odometer A and B.

Mel

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mel said:
I'm sure this is in the owner's manual too. It's the button that toggles between trip odometer A and B.

Mel
You guys are way more fun than the owners manual. That would be far too easy to pull out the manual and read the book! How uncool.

:p

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks for the info Mel.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts