Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a (supposedly) certified '07 Odyssey with just under 27k miles on it. I have reason to believe, even though the vehicle was sold as certified, it didn't actually go through the inspection process. I'm still working through that problem and I think, with the help of the general manager of the dealership, I have that situation under control.

The reason for this post is related to the warranty. The finance guy told me that Honda was offering a $700 "credit" for a Wrap warranty. I thought, "well, that sounds good, I guess I'll protect my investment". As it turns out, he sold me an Advantage plan but didn't tell me that's what he was doing. Now, I'm sure the Advantage plan is a perfectly fine warranty, but as it turns out, it's not at all a Honda Care Wrap plan and it comes with a $100 deductible if I go to any other dealer.

When I bought the warranty, I didn't even know what a Honda Care plan was. The Advantage plan was the only option offered to me, and he never referred to it as the "Advantage" plan or after market or anything. I just thought I was getting an extended warranty from Honda. After reading all the helpful posts by Hondacareguy - Tom, I realized I'd been misled. I sent Tom an e-mail and he gave me his number. I called him and he explained everything to me. I can't thank Tom enough for his help. I'm heading back to my dealer tonight so that can "correct" my warranty from the 7yr 100k mile Advantage plan to an 8yr 100k mile Honda Care plan with no deductible - at no additional cost. Tom armed me with the knowledge to call out my dealer and get a plan that I wanted for a fair price.

If you have any questions on warranties, Hondacareguy is the person you should seek.

PS: When called out on it, the finance guy explained the $700 credit from Honda was a credit the dealer received for selling a certified used vehicle and he was going to be nice enough to offset the warranty price with that credit. No, it wasn't a $700 warranty credit from Honda, it was a line of @$%$ to get me to sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Given the deception by your dealer and the helpfulness of Tom/Hondacareguy, did you consider buying the Honda Care warranty from Tom?

(If we don't want to say the original dealer was "deceptive," then at minimum it was "intentionally misleading".)

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Steve P said:
Given the deception by your dealer and the helpfulness of Tom/Hondacareguy, did you consider buying the Honda Care warranty from Tom?
Unfortunately, Tom doesn't sell HondaCare anymore. When he got back from the cancer treatment, he was reassigned to another duty at the dealership he works at. Then the dealership completely stopped selling on-line warranties to out-of-state buyers any way. At least that's what I gathered from Tom's prior posts in his warranty threads.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The OP was not able to purchase a Honda Care Certified Wrap from me because you must purchase this specific VSC from the selling dealer. I am now back in the Business Office and will be more than happy to answer any questions and give advice on your Honda Care options. I hope you understand I have to be careful on my word selection ;) Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] .

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
hondacareguy said:
The OP was not able to purchase a Honda Care Certified Wrap from me because you must purchase this specific VSC from the selling dealer. I am now back in the Business Office and will be more than happy to answer any questions and give advice on your Honda Care options. I hope you understand I have to be careful on my word selection ;) Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] .
That is some great news Tom. We'll start sending folks to you for HondaCare advice. ;)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Nice job, Tom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts