Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me who supplies the mapping DVD's for Honda's factory installed NAV system? I would like to contact them to see about the availability of a DVD with mapping for Europe...

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
354 Posts
The NAV system is made by Alpine, but I understand normal Alpine DVD's won't work.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Its a wacky-symbiotic-oem-luv-fest.

From what I understand:

- Honda Engineers wrote the software for the Ody-specific voice-integration etc.
- Alpine provides DVD unit & 'basic' nav softare
- Navtech provides the NAVI database

Then of course, Isaac the bartender provides the fruity drinks w/ the little umbrellas..

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (2600 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights
</font></td></tr></table>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. guys, though now I am more pessimistic about the chances of finding mapping for Europe.

Our Honda dealer (in the U.S.) had assured me that the Acura DVD's would work in the Honda NAV system, which made me think that the DVD's weren't TOO system-specific and perhaps one could find generic mapping DVD's from Alpine, Navtech, or whoever which would work...

David

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'd love to see the 'bread-crumb' feature make it to the Ody. Even though we don't normally
go off road, many times I am in places outside of the detailed coverage area that would be nice to 'mark' my path to.

Personally, I remain optimistic about the possible future enhancements to the NAVI DVD down the road..especially if Navtech gets the whole US in their DB! I won't mind spending $150 on a new disk if it really has a bunch of new features.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
I'd love to see the 'bread-crumb' feature make it to the Ody. Even though we don't normally
go off road, many times I am in places outside of the detailed coverage area that would be nice to 'mark' my path to.

Personally, I remain optimistic about the possible future enhancements to the NAVI DVD down the road..especially if Navtech gets the whole US in their DB! I won't mind spending $150 on a new disk if it really has a bunch of new features.
</font>
The NAVI disc I got when I did the swap is hecka old! It's like version 1 point something. Anybody got a boot leg copy of 2 point something?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
The NAVI disc I got when I did the swap is hecka old! It's like version 1 point something. Anybody got a boot leg copy of 2 point something?
-Nestor
</font>
Hang in there 'til this fall, Nestor - that's when Honda's supposed to release the new version. I'll make you a deal on my Ver. 2.04 if I upgrade.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; leather steering wheel wrap; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by groupset:
Hang in there 'til this fall, Nestor - that's when Honda's supposed to release the new version. I'll make you a deal on my Ver. 2.04 if I upgrade.

</font>
I'd buy that disc only if there's not much of an improvement on the new release. But if there is - might as well buy me a new one.

We'll see!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts