Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to keep my van, but if I'm keeping it I'm gonna swap it to 5 speed. I've got a H22 in it already. Sucks that I decided this after selling the Rims and exhaust , oh well. I've been searching for the thread that had a required parts list, but no luck so far. Could anyone point me in the right direction ? I'm gonna drive up to rapid city SD to get a friends help. I'm hoping to have everything , and a game plan like the ignition wiring before driving up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
do your home work my friend. Most think that going into this swap is as easy as swapping an accord, it's not. Keep in mind, no hard lines available for clutch and master, the angle of the floor board is different and find out what mounts you will need that you can use from an accord. I hope you understand what this all means...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
make all your own mounts and use braided stainless line thats my plan but i also have all the proper equipment to do so. i know its been done though

·
Registered
14 Posts
STEEL BRAIDED LINES YES, THAT IS CORRECT. FORTUNATELY HE WILL NOT HAVE TO MAKE HIS OWN MOUNTS THEY ALREADY EXIST. AND YOU ARE RIGHT IT HAS BEEN DONE AS A MATTER OF FACT I KNOW ONE OF THE GUYS PERSONALLY THAT DID HIS CONVERSION WITH AN H22 REVERSED HEAD LIKE A kSERIES. YOU AND CHAPPIE BOTH ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FABRICATE YOUR CLUTCH PEDAL, DRILL OUT THE FIRE WALL FOR YOUR CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER. BTW YOU CAN USE THE 5TH GEN ACCORD MOUNTS. IF EITHER OF YOU LIVE SO. CAL I COULD INTRODUCE YOU TO HIM AND HIS PARTNERS OVER AT FAST EDDIES RACING.

·
Registered
930 Posts
STEEL BRAIDED LINES YES, THAT IS CORRECT. FORTUNATELY HE WILL NOT HAVE TO MAKE HIS OWN MOUNTS THEY ALREADY EXIST. AND YOU ARE RIGHT IT HAS BEEN DONE AS A MATTER OF FACT I KNOW ONE OF THE GUYS PERSONALLY THAT DID HIS CONVERSION WITH AN H22 REVERSED HEAD LIKE A kSERIES. YOU AND CHAPPIE BOTH ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FABRICATE YOUR CLUTCH PEDAL, DRILL OUT THE FIRE WALL FOR YOUR CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER. BTW YOU CAN USE THE 5TH GEN ACCORD MOUNTS. IF EITHER OF YOU LIVE SO. CAL I COULD INTRODUCE YOU TO HIM AND HIS PARTNERS OVER AT FAST EDDIES RACING.
Cool i just seen his van on youtube. SICKNESS! Has he ran it on the track?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ok, can somebody please explain the whole "backwards/reverse head" thing? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cool i just seen his van on youtube. SICKNESS! Has he ran it on the track?
NO HE DOESN'T RUN IT ON THE TRACK MAINLY BECAUSE IT IS HIS DAILY. THE VIDEO YOU SAW IF IT IS THE SAME ONE WAS AT NEISI IN LA AND I AM THE ONE HOLDING THE CAMERA :)

Ok, can somebody please explain the whole "backwards/reverse head" thing? Thanks.
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SAME VIDEO, I FIGURE TOMMY CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND HIM SELF.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NLxdEmfnv_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
14 Posts
man the wiring on that van looks crappy
I PUT THAT INFO UP FOR ANOTHER MEMBER WHO IS TRYING TO DO MODS TO HIS RA THAT ONLY A FEW HAVE 2 TO BE EXACT, NOT FOR PEOPLE TO START FLAMING JUST BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY CAN. IT IS A NICE INFORMATIVE VIDEO WITH PRECISE DETAILS. iF YOU HAD ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE VID YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW THAT THIS BUILD IS A ONE OFF! IF DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS LOOK IT UP, HE CLEARLY STATED THAT ITS NOT DONE. I CAN SEE BY YOUR COMMENT THAT YOU MUST HAVE HAD YOUR SOUND TURNED DOWN RIGHT! I'M GIVING YOU THE BENEFIT. ANY HOW, "JUST-NUTS" I CHALLENGE YOU TO WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN AND THIS TIME CLOSE YOUR EYES AND JUST LISTEN. I PROMISE YOU WILL HEAR THE 2ND TIME ALL THE STUFF YOU MISSED THE 1ST TIME. I'M NOT BUSTIN YOUR ASS ABOUT YOUR OPINION, YOU'RE ENTITLED, BUT THIS IS A FRIEND OF MINE AND I KNOW HOW HARD AND HOW MUCH TIME HE AND HIS PARTNER PUT INTO THIS PROJECT.

I MEAN ITS LIKE YOU REALLY DIDN'T HEAR ANY OF THE THINGS HE DID TO THIS VAN'S ENGINE AND THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT " THE WIRING IN THIS VAN IS CRAPPY", WHICH BRINGS ME TO ANOTHER THOUGHT, MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS STUFF TO TRULY UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS EVEN TAKEN PLACE, IN THAT CASE!... I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.

SO MY FRIEND! HAVE ANOTHER LISTEN, DROPPED THE NEGATIVITY AND ENJOY!:)

PS THESE GUYS ARE EX-MILITARY AND THEY LIVE CALI TOO, SO YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE THINGS YOU SAY ABOUT (OPP)OTHER PEOPLE'S ?????

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know his build is different. I have more experience in modding cars than you might think. I was impressed by the h swap setup like a k. I just thought it was kind of weird that everything else looks really nice but the harness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know his build is different. I have more experience in modding cars than you might think. I was impressed by the h swap setup like a k. I just thought it was kind of weird that everything else looks really nice but the harness.
it's cool bro, i hope that you were not offended by anything i said earlier because that was not my intentions. i just hate when you have group of people that always want to talk trash about other people's rides instead of embracing the work or creativity. I'm sure that you understand what is to be different, i mean you are hanging out on a freekin mini van forum lol! i don't know if you own one or not but we are a dying breed.:tongue: i will give you a little insight on his harness, keep in mind the video and what you saw. Typically all the wires are behind the head but remember "what did he do"? he flipped the head around so that in conjunction with having to create his own one-off harness also with the absence of a distributor and velocity stacks where are you really going to tuck your wires?????? think about this what you saw is about four years old so what do you think it looks like now? PE~ACE! my friend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts