Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering my options now after reading more and more about honda and their bad transmissions. I'm not sure if I want to drop $2K - $3K on a manufacture of a failed honda designed transmission.

What do you suppose would be a reasonable price to ask for this vehicle?

'02 EX, white, great shape, no rust, body damage, or accidents. Doors still work like a charm. Only 125K miles. Extra tranny cooler, 2" receiver. recent Michelin Hydro something tires. Outside of transmission issues, it still drives like a smaller vehicle, handling is great considering the size and weight of it. Belt replaced before 100K.

Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It would be the market value of the van minus the cost to replace the transmission.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Let me know when you decide on a price and if the van is in Atlanta. I might be interested (with bad transmission).
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
why not get a Gator or Jasper tranny and drive the van another 5-8 years? Cheaper than buying a new car. I say Gator or Jasper as others have reported that these seem to be better designed than the failed Honda trannys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
why not get a Gator or Jasper tranny and drive the van another 5-8 years? Cheaper than buying a new car. I say Gator or Jasper as others have reported that these seem to be better designed than the failed Honda trannys.
That would be my suggestion, I hate payments.

Let me know when you decide on a price and if the van is in Atlanta. I might be interested (with bad transmission).
Thanks
I might be interested as well if it is in Atlanta.

·
Registered
539 Posts
+1 on keeping it and fixing the tranny, you have a known quantity in your vehicle that has lots of good miles left in it, and the cost of a rebuilt tranny is a tiny fraction of what you will pay for a replacement vehicle.

Do some homework on tranny shops in your area, find a good one, or as said above, get a "brand-name" rebuild and have a local shop install it for you. Good time to do axle boots, engine mounts, and so on, if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts