Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy. I have one of the BIGGEST Odyssey Lemon's off the assembly line. Wish I had known of this board years ago. 99 ODD LX (wanted an EX, wanted first one avail, and couldn't get it..) brand new. from dealer (another horror story...) within 3 yrs, lost the driver van door handle. dealer wouldn't replace under warranty, wanted $200. to replace. (in a snowstorm, handle snapped off when frozen.) next year same thing on other side. passenger door snapped off in snow. radio knobs cracked inside 2 years, also no replacement. transmission went at 109,00 miles (and dealer services said wouldn't pay.) 2nd transmission (paid at full price about $2k) died within 3 months (at least my transmission dealer covered that one...) My driver side window just fell out (I was driving without the lock nut on the rear window since after a body repair, they left off the nut. augh... I hate this car. The only good thing is that it looks like junk now, and won't get stolen. and. no. I will NEVER buy another Honda based on the little problems I had that they refused to cover. However, I will be very happy if I can drive it another 50,000 miles

·
Registered
747 Posts
So you have an 12 year old car and transmission issues aside (we all know about this issue) you have had 2 broken door handles when the door was frozen and a broken radio knob and a broken window regulator.

That doesn't sound too bad for 12 years!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wish I was so lucky as you, aside from the tranny. Does not sound bad although the door handles and radio knobs are a bit strange. Saturn Sky also had weak door handles, worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts