Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a brake job on my dad's odyssey (it needed it) and also flushed the fluid. The car has had a soft pedal for a while now so I thought the flush would help. When the engine is off the pedal is rock solid but the moment you fire her up the pedal goes down more than an inch. I'm thinking MC, does that sound right?

Thanks,
Michal

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I know there is something out for the ody. I cant seem to find it ether. Maybe its not for the 06 but you may have the same problem. Hopefully somene else will chime in soon.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I too am wondering about this. I just bought an '06 and felt like the brakes had a bubble in them when I bought it. My old '98 Oldsmobile van I did many brake jobs on and its brakes even now at 200k are high and a hard pedal.

That TSB seems pretty complicated, and would be $$ in a shop and from posts I've read does not seem to last as a solution. Some people pointed to braided brake lines and better pads, have not tried that direction, but after hearing grinding noises and experiencing some odd braking sensations I agree with one of the TSB's I saw on here where it indicated the possible problem was incorrectly formulated brake pad friction material. Saw a Speed channel show about brakes and they are made from a mix of materials. I had a set with my Olds that was off, lots of grinding noises and poor performance. Its happens. Thank gosh for lifetime warranties, I think I've had 4 replacements at autozone for the original price! Thats what you get driving a POS into the ground I guess...LOL

I'm planning some brake work on mine, doing what you did but maybe spring for braided lines and make sure fluid is flushed. see if that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put a whole quart of fluid through, pretty good flush if you ask me. Also got new pads, but that wouldn't cause this. The pedal is hard as a rock until you fire the motor, then it goes to squish.

The TSB looks complicated and expensive and after all of the screw up at the dealership I can't trust them. 250ft lb lug nuts, come on :confused: .

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would change the rotors as well. Get the EBC slotted and dimple rotors from www.placeforbrakes.com. And make sure you get good quality brake lines too.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey thanks for link. I looked and Amazon beats their price about $175 for set. I take it you have these and they help? What pads did you get? Those top end ones at Autozone are actually doing well on my other cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts