Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that thread about spark plug getting blown out and think I may have been very lucky. I just changed out all the plugs on our 07ex since we are at 94K miles. While removing the plugs the middle plug in the rear of the engine was so loose that it came out just by using my hands and no need for the ratchet. The plug had signs of being scorched on the sides and there was soot/carbon deposits on the plug and the coil. The engine has also been making a noticeable ticking noise which seemed to be a common issue among those who have the spark plugs blow out and it was also the middle plug in the rear that blew out in every case. I am going to check that plug every few months to make sure it remains snug and I have to check later to see if the ticking is still there or if it went away now that new plugs are in.

I went with the NGK iridium plugs however I did use a bit of permatex anti seize on them. Maybe I should not have used that but since changing them was not hard at all, I plan to change them every couple of yeard to keep them fresh. 6 plugs for around 50 bucks is cheap maintenance that I can easliy do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im glad you caught yours in time, not like mine. I read that in most cases it is always the middle one that are loose which is 2 (rear) and 5 (front). I'm still trying to wrestle with Honda on this issue.

Happy holidays,

JN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts