Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Maybe too good to be true?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  MTPockets08 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That is a scam...as Nigeria is full of internet scammers. To Catch a Predator: Identity Thieves covered a scam which went back to the source-Nigeria.

#4 ·
The mileage is unusually low but if it's a 3 year old base model odyssey, then the price is about right. Notice there is no plate on the car so it might not be driven for a long time.

#5 ·
I wonder if it was wrecked, as it appears to be having a bit of an identity crisis.

In the pictures, it has the roof rack, body colored mirrors and door handles of an EX (or above). Yes, the roof rack could have been dealer installed, but it has the wheels of an LX, and it appears to have the manual AC of an LX, and also the black rear spoiler of an LX.

#8 ·
Its a LX alright. Its missing the power door switches and I believe even the plain Jane EX comes with 'em. :)

#11 ·
Good point. I would venture to guess that very few LX owners went to the trouble of having the door handles and mirrors painted to match the rest of the van....which supports the suggestion that this thing is wrecked van that has been cobbled together with junkyard parts.

I'm not sure, but could this be a Canadian van? Is there a Canadian version without power doors but with body colored mirrors and door handles?

#7 ·
yeah.. thought so too. Have a note into the person selling it.

Most of the scammers are more obvious about it. Just figured if it were legit it might be nice for someone here (I'm not in the market, just figured someone might be).

#12 ·
I haven't seen any LX's with roof-rails. My 2008 LX doesn't have them. Regardless, given their awesome English language skills, I'd be leery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.