Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i got my 06 ody i was offer a mechanical breakdown insurance package that i took since it sounded like a good idea given the higher miles on my ody and i just wanted peace of mind.
http://www.mckennainsurance.com/pdf/Mercury-Mechanical-Breakdown-Brochure.pdf

thats a link to the flier i got. because of the miles they only offered me the bronze package. if you guys know anything about these type of coverages or experience with them, let me know. i can still cancel if i decide i dont want it. lots of guidelines but still sounds like a good thing. No deductible too.
It cover tires too, well somewhat. lol. heres a quote of the terms page.
"We will reimburse you for the repair or, if necessary the replacement of any of your vehicles tires(original equipment size only) that have become damaged or unsafe for use due to road hazard"

original equipment size is my issue, so what if i depax it, yes its till paxed, will i get denied payment? would go with pax again but they only cover up to 500 for the set or 125 per tire, and it seems pax runs a little bit more than that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Generally speaking, the aftermarket warranties are just trouble. They are very good at denying claims. Factory warranties are OK.

I would take the money you would spend on the warranty and put it in a repair fund for the van. I would also set aside money each month into a repair fund for the van. You know you will need repairs sooner or later, so start saving before you need it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just bought my 06 EX-L RES a few weeks ago. Added a Zurich Direct Power train warranty to it for $1468/ 2 years. Hoping to not have have to use it since I bought it with 96k.

·
Registered
415 Posts
When i got my 06 ody i was offer a mechanical breakdown insurance package that i took since it sounded like a good idea given the higher miles on my ody and i just wanted peace of mind.
http://www.mckennainsurance.com/pdf/Mercury-Mechanical-Breakdown-Brochure.pdf

thats a link to the flier i got. because of the miles they only offered me the bronze package. if you guys know anything about these type of coverages or experience with them, let me know. i can still cancel if i decide i dont want it. lots of guidelines but still sounds like a good thing. No deductible too.
It cover tires too, well somewhat. lol. heres a quote of the terms page.
"We will reimburse you for the repair or, if necessary the replacement of any of your vehicles tires(original equipment size only) that have become damaged or unsafe for use due to road hazard"

original equipment size is my issue, so what if i depax it, yes its till paxed, will i get denied payment? would go with pax again but they only cover up to 500 for the set or 125 per tire, and it seems pax runs a little bit more than that.
I don't want to go on record saying all aftermarket warranties are a scam and worthless, but... :huh:

No, wait. That's exactly what I want to say. :DD

Do this: Google "[name of company] complaints" and set aside a few hours to read them all. Any of those companies. Go ahead, I'll wait... :DD

Not fair? OK, then, Google "[name of company] reviews" to get a more positive view. How did that work out for you? :tongue:

Seriously, save your money. There's not one out there that's not manufacturer-backed that's worth a rat's tail. :nothappy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After posting I did a search for mechanical breakdown on the forums. It seems some guys here had decent experiences with what seemed geico at the time. Given that those posts are a few years old at least. Seems they were happy cause they got new transmission without question from insurance company.
The info seems great on the paperwork I got from mercury insurance but yeah, I never really thought about looking up complaints or issues with them or any other company.

Shall36 - that sounds like a good plan and I'd go that route if I had the money. Given the times right now I already spent all my savings, which were hardly any.
Soon as the wife starts working were back in business. Lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts