Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just purchased our new Odyssey 2011. My wife loves the new design, yet I'm still adapting. Then while sitting at the kids' school waiting to pick them up, a Mercedes-R Class passed us up. I was taken aback by the similarities in design, but I wasn't sure if it was just me.

So is it just me? Obviously the Mercedes is not a mini-van, so there's clear differences between the two, but general curves and the way they carry themselves, seem very much alike.

I'm probably just reaching. Don't get me wrong, I love our new van, and I'm not a new mini-van adopter (this is our third and second Odyssey).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
:D

I had to Google for some pics of the R-Class when a couple of people told me the same thing last month.

With the first person I thought he'd confused the MB R-Class car with something else but when I got the same comment from a different source I was like "Hmmm"

It may be the:
- lower height/profile than its predecessor, closer to the R-Class one
- side design (especially the rear window shape minus the thunderbolt thing))

But no, you are not alone, at least a couple of people I know share the same thoughts (and one of them is a 3rd gen Odyssey owner)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I always thought they looked similar, but the Mercedes pulls it off better. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went from a 08 Mercedes R320 diesel to a 11 Odyssey Touring. The Mercedes R-Class is a cross over and not a van. Here are some examples that is off my head and what attracted me to it. All wheel drive, diesel, Panoramic Moon roof, and rear air suspension with adjustable ride comforts.

While it is nice, it requires higher maintenances and lacks space. We are expecting our second child and because my wife is petite, she decided that she likes the Odyssey better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts