Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody identifed a case or strap system that would allow me to securely strap a portable DVD player to the back of the passenger seat or headrest?

The case would need to allow me to strongly mount the player while it is open (in use) so that my son can watch it on long trips. I would not be too concerned if I needed to remove the case in order to load DVD's into the player.

I believe this would give me a really convenient method for entertainment in the car, but also inside the house.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I put my 9" portable dvd player on the foldable table between the front seats; the catch is that I've put down a few rubber mouse pads (rubber side up) into that space, cut down to fit, to both pad the player and resist it sliding. worked well over about 8 hours of driving.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DAL:
Has anybody identifed a case or strap system that would allow me to securely strap a portable DVD player to the back of the passenger seat or headrest?

The case would need to allow me to strongly mount the player while it is open (in use) so that my son can watch it on long trips. I would not be too concerned if I needed to remove the case in order to load DVD's into the player.

I believe this would give me a really convenient method for entertainment in the car, but also inside the house.
</font>

------------------
Ron - Ody EX L Navi 2002, silver with fog, subwoofer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Since my son is in a car seat and raised pretty high, I believe that leaving the DVD player on the center table will place it too low for his viewing. Therefore, I'd like to mount the player higher up on the seatback or headrest.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great mouse pad suggestion. I can;t wait to get home to try it out. On my next trip I am considering strapping my laptop to the center tray and pluging in external speakers to "send" the sound to the backseats. The "Fun TV" from Best Buy looks to be a good option (TV/VCR in a hanging bag) for $299. I have not seen one for a DVD player yet.

------------------
1996 & 2002EX Odyssey w/towing package, "wood package", SS (Starlight Silver), Mud flaps, rear cargo "tray".

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks for your reference to the Suspension Theater. It looked like a good solution for safely mounting my dvd playing laptop. However, I emailed them and they said that their device will not hold any laptop or dvd player wider than 9 inches. So if size matters, this is not the solution. I did suggest there could be a demand for a Suspension Theater for bigger laptops, and they said they'd look into it.

An alternative might be this:

www.mobiledesk.com , which the company told me might be mountable in the second row of an Odyssey. I working on finding the answer to this question.

Incidentally, on a completely different topic, here's a company that sells every conceivable type of cable for connecting various types of a/v equipment--e.g., s-video to rca, rca to s-video, etc., and etc.

http://www.videocapturecard.com/index.html

I did find this desk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts