Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently got a set of Michelin Defender LTX MS tires on 17" OE rmims (for EX-L). Should I stay with factory tire pressure recommedation (33 psi)? Or I can go higher?

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
3,091 Posts
You can ALWAYS go higher. Anything up to the max inflation pressure on the sidewall is safe, though the ride will suffer. You will get increased highway MPG if you go with higher pressures. Higher pressures are recommended/required to get the max load rating for the tires (and for towing). Experiment and see what works best for you.

-Charlie

·
Registered
319 Posts
33 psi is fine given the higher load rating compared to stock (103 vs 104). You could even go a max of one pound down when not loaded to get a better ride quality.

What Charlie said is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
3,091 Posts
What Charlie said is correct.
Yes, I should have probably said something about the other direction too - the door sticker number is a compromise number between meeting the axle loads of the vehicle in factory form, fuel economy, ride quality, etc. Once you change tire ratings, the (minimum) inflation number could be adjusted. Assuming the same or higher load rating of the tire from OEM, it is safe to run anywhere between the factory inflation and the 'max' sidewall pressure.

-Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts