Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to install new tires on my ody. I was wondering if anyone here has used these tires on the ody? All the review on the tire sites are from owners of cars that replaced their tires with these and not minivan owners so I was wondering if anyone here can give a review on these tires.

The OE on my ody were Michelin LX4s. They did their job perfectly but became too noise after a little while. I don't want to replace the same tire if I can get a better option.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
FYI There is a dedicated Wheels and Tires thread under Accessories in the Forum. To answer your question-I would make sure that you can get them in a size to fit your wheels. Check for tires that fit on Tire Rack.com. I have a 08 EX and I can't get any Michelin Primary tires in the size that fits my vehicle. The only Michelin that fits is the OEM, POS, Energy LX4s, probably one of worst tires Michelin makes. I have a set of Primacy MXV4s on my Accord, and they are great tires, probably one of the best I have ever driven on. Also had them on a 04 Nissan Quest that my wife totaled last summer. Handled great on snow and ice, were good tires for the Quest, which needed all the help it could get in the handling dept!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@GeoOdyZantac .......... I didn't check in the Accessories forum for tires. I'll start there right away.

I checked at TireRack and at Michelin site as well. I'm looking for 235/60 R17s and they do come in this size and all the other ratings match as well. I liked the LX4s while they were new .... like for the first 5k miles I guess but then there was just too much noise. But your the first who tells me that MXV4s were installed on a Quest - same class vehicle. I've read reviews for the tires but from owners of sedans and I just wanted some feedback from minivan owners about these tires.

Many thanks for your update.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
FYI. Many of the 4th generation Odysseys come with the Primacy MXV4 OEM (for the 17in and 18in wheels). 1 year plus ownership, not much mileage so far but they are very quiet and handle well for the massive breadbox car. I live in the Mid-Atlantic area and we got a decent amount of snow, rain and heat last year. They did great compared to my other car's OEM Toyos under the same conditions.

I haven't read many complaints, except in snow, but well, they are not snow tires.

I'd also check out the Continental DWS all-season's. I have them now on my other car (Toyos were gone early), so far outpace any all season I ever owned, plus they are very quiet

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds today. Drove around for about 30-35 miles. Noticed that sound level has gone down a lot ..... which was my main complain about the OE tires. Ody drives nicely ( I guess I want it to, after spending all those $$$s on the tires) and brake response improved a bit too.

Need a long road trip to find out for sure!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I intend to do that. Right now have all 4 wheels taken off so I can clean the insides of the wheels and remove all the brake dust plus clean the wheel wells.

Intend to correct tire pressures in the morning before I start off. Hopefully this weekend I'll drive it 700 - 800 miles and pretty much figure out what these tires are all about :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts