Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are a military couple in Europe and are pricing 2002 ODYs. Through a military car dealership program a silver 2002 L-RES is priced at 31,127 (no flexibility on the price due to the direct Honda shipment overseas). The extended service plan is 1,174 for a total cost of 32,295. The advantage is that there is no tax on the price but I still believe that there are better deals stateside which might make it better to wait until we return. Comments on actual prices stateside would be helpful. Thanks.

Drew and Jodie

·
Registered
192 Posts
The MSRP for the vehicle is 29,750 (plus a 440 destination charge). So, in the states you'd be paying $30,190 before tax (assuming you CAN get it for MSRP). Then you have to tack on the sales tax... I'll assume a middle-of-the-road rate of 6.5%. The total comes to somewhere around 32,150. That is a "best case" scenerio at MSRP. Edmunds.com lists the market value at 32,190 (that is before tax).

To answer your question, you are getting a good deal on the vehicle. You're paying too much for the extended warranty. You can pick that up for a couple of hundred dollars less. If you have to pay shipping cost to get the Ody back to the states, you need to put that in your equation. Maybe the military picks up that tab? If that is the case, you're getting a pretty nice deal... take it!

P.S. Thank you for serving your country with the military... no matter where you're stationed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't you investigate buying one in Canada? The car would have a speedo in Km which suits you better.

And I don't think Honda has any issue with a Canadian dealer selling to a European resident. You cannot get a RES but if you would be satisfied with a EX-L with i-VES installed for about USD 1,500 I think you would still save about USD 5,000 before shipping costs.

I wonder how you would handle the warranty issue for either case.

Good luck and thanks for your service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I placed my order of 2002 EX-L two weeks ago in Dallas, TX. The drive out price (including tax &*license) is $30,170. The van will be available in December. Also, I got a quote from Warranty Gold 7 years/100,000 miles extended warranty for $695 plus %15 discount from my company.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brickson:
Hello,

We are a military couple in Europe and are pricing 2002 ODYs. Through a military car dealership program a silver 2002 L-RES is priced at 31,127 (no flexibility on the price due to the direct Honda shipment overseas). The extended service plan is 1,174 for a total cost of 32,295. The advantage is that there is no tax on the price but I still believe that there are better deals stateside which might make it better to wait until we return. Comments on actual prices stateside would be helpful. Thanks.

Drew and Jodie
</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts