Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 has just started a little quirk. When you turn the key off...the radio may play for a sec or lots longer. The radio always turned off when the key was off. Anybody else have this going on. The system is all factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir there is a 75 watt inverter. The inverter has nothing plugged in it and it is equipped with an on/ off switch. But the answer is "yes Sir, it is". You think maybe......

·
Registered
355 Posts
Since the power plug and the radio are on the same circuit there is a very good chance that the inverter has just enough charge to keep the radio powered for a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The test will be to see if the radio still does that if he unplugs the inverter.

I have a rechargeable jump starter. It can be recharged by plugging it into a 110v outlet, or by plugging it into the car's DC outlet. When it's plugged into the DC outlet my radio also plays when the engine is off.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Hint Hint!!! unplug the inverter and see if the problem goes away. Problem has been reported before. If something is plugged in the sockets they can feed voltage back causing the radio to continue playing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts