Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants a mirror w/compass for her birthday in July, on her 2001 Ody.

Who has installed what?

Whadaya like and dislike?

Is everyone installing Donnelley and ignoring Mito?

If Donnelly, then which unit?

Ray

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got the Gentex compass/temp mirror on my '01 EX-NAVI. See it at http://www.gentex.com/automotive_products2.html

I like the looks of it, but you do have to push a button to cycle between the temp and compass display. Their display is in the mirror portion itself, also, whereas the Donnelly's display is below the mirror glass and displays compass heading and temp simultaneously. Either one would probably be a good choice; both sell a lot of units to the OEM industry, also.

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; splash guards; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Chuck installed the Donnelly ECT mirror and did a write up for us. From the menu, click on "Tech". Under "Aftermarket Accessories" you'll find "Donnelly ECT Mirror".

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also installed the Donnelly ECT mirror and I am very happy with it. The only problem is to find a good location for the temperature sensor. I have mine installed under the front bumper. As chuck mentioned in one of his messages, the sensor is fairly accurate as long as the Ody is moving, otherwise you might get wrong reading (3 to 5 degree higher than the real temperature), specially when the radiator fan is running.

Good luck,

Ahmad

------------------
'01 SS EX NAV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts