Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post an update on an issue I had with our '02 LX, 101K: Hopefully someone will find it helpful since since this is a common issue but many seem not to post the solution after the fact.

10 days after a timing belt and water pump change the van through the CEL with codes. Since I couldn't drive the van (flashing CEL when driving, not good!) and I don't have an OBD-II scanning tool I took it to my local mechanic who did the belt and water pump. Codes came up as P0301-P0306 plus the common P1399. Turned out it was a bad coil on cyl# 6. New coil and she was back to normal operation. Not sure why the codes for all cylinders were shown but this should give many and place to start and not get hung up on what each code means. Also tells me I need to get a simple $70 code reader so I can pull these myself.

--
John

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
jmctighe said:
Also tells me I need to get a simple $70 code reader so I can pull these myself.
Many auto parts stores will pull the codes for free also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, but I didn't want to drive the 20 minutes to Autozone the way this thing was running. Called my local NAPA store in town and they said they didn't have a code reader to use (huh?). I'm sure they would've sold me one though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts