Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having a similar problem in my '05 Ody. It started with the check engine light being on. A few weeks later we had the local auto place read the codes which read all cylinders misfiring as separate codes as well as random misfire and the front bank (bank 2) fuel system too rich. During this time the engine may have idled slightly rougher, but barely noticeable. I changed the plugs in case there was something there, but they looked great. Then we went on a nearly 2,000 mile trip. No issues on the way down. Then the next morning I re-parked the car with no noticeable problem. Then, when we went to go to our destination a few hours later it started fine, idled rough, would only rev to maybe 3,500 rpms in neutral and was totally gutless trying to drive it. I drove it anyhow since we were only going a few miles, but stayed off the freeway. It drove gutless the whole way there. I parked it and immediately restarted it and it felt and revved fine. It then drove fine all the way home. The mileage on the trip was 22.36, 24.31, 21.88, and 19.49 mpg. A couple of days later my wife reported it being gutless again. Reading this post is my first foray into diagnosing this. Sounds like very similar indications, but I am not convinced the fuel injectors will do the trick. I have not done any work on the engine so no reason to expect timing issues. The intermittency leads me away from a vacuum leak or PCV. Did you also change the O2 sensor or reset something electrically while doing your work? Anyone else with ideas?
Have exact same problem.
Any luck resolving yet ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not yet. I did get the rear cat off to see if it was plugged and it wasn't. How about you? Any resolution? I am back to trying to figure it out.
I'm having the exact same issue and just started a new post about it, did you find a resolution yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue and just started a new post about it, did you find a resolution yet?
No resolution yet. It seems to happen more after idling for a while. So far consistently works properly upon restart. We continue to drive it as a daily driver and even 250 mile each way trips and so far haven’t had to call a tow truck. Runs fine when it is running normally. I did replace a battery terminal that was suspect in case that was the problem but no change. Seems to me it has to be something electrical since turning it off and on again consistently ‘fixes’ it. Would be nice to have a real resolution.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts